Why Is There No Romance In Dubai?

Topic locked
Why is there No Romance in Dubai? Jun 19, 2007
Dubai is paradise for all of us who gets smitten by its sheer splendor and sheen. All of us are moving on the hyper highway. Scratch a little below the surface and we find that all us are fighting for sheer survival.
On one hand is the quest for money, on the other hand is love (for some love translates to bed) Every relationship is a means to an end. Either it has to result in an oppurtunity that takes you a notch closer to earning money or closer to the bed.
The Forum is called 'Dubai Romance' but is there such a thing called romance in Dubai? The phrase 'romance in the air' is conspicious by its absence. Ever wonder why? Someone can shed some light?

Gus Charles
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 20, 2007
There's love which is more than getting laid even in Dubai. But the result high consumerism , frustrating and high demanding jobs, lessened familial values in dubai can b summed up as the reason for the mystery of ever eluding love relationship.But a lot of people prefer a steady and stable relationship.[/list]
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

hi Jun 21, 2007
:?: why I am also looking why?
harrysat
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 22, 2007
Man... Romance in this country is way past dead...

You can't hold your girl's hand in public without making a scene, let alone kiss her...

We all respect the country's values, but since we don't share these values we feel imprisoned... They should lighten up if they want a truly multi-cultural society...

Man, I mean you can't even smoke in public during Ramadan, it really kills me... makes me feel like I'm a theif while trying to get a vital nicotine dose :)

Anyway, it's all good, but it can be much better...
samduboon1
Dubai Forum Guest

Jun 25, 2007
There is good discussion so far.
I think romance needs no public exhibition.
It can be enjoyed in this country in the comforts of interiors.
Khabacha
Dubai Forum User

Jun 28, 2007
interiors is right I posted a question about phillipines there, I know 2 girls theat are both having affairs with married men ther because they've been made to believe the can't find romance there or a single man.
Cupid
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 30, 2007
we all live in this place, for a certain goalz,

why dont we respect thier values
Dobb
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Sep 30, 2007
i dont know why this topic keeps on coming up all the time, romance is everywhere, just try harder next time
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 30, 2007
8)
olivertwisted
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 30, 2007
Dubai is just like any cosmopolitan city.... Try London, Frankfurt, New York ..... Its just that if your new to a place it just seems too cold and emotionless... You have time to stand and look but everyone around you is busy with their lives. Its the same here and as for romance ..... go read Romeo and Juliet :twisted:
olivertwisted
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 11, 2007
Bleakus wrote:i dont know why this topic keeps on coming up all the time, romance is everywhere, just try harder next time

haha! real hard!! Dubai is like a prison if you don't go out.
lailah84
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 21, 2007
There is definitely more romance in the olden Arabian nights than in Dubai.

Probably because there is more than 2 males to 1 femalein the UAE while the rest of the world has ratio of approx 1:1 ????????????? ie, population of males is more than double the population of females.

....Probably!
anxiousape
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 21, 2007
anxiousape wrote:more than 2 males to 1 female [/url]in the UAE while the rest of the world has ratio of approx 1:1 ????????????? ie, population of males is more than double the population of females.

....Probably!

just look around, youll find women
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 21, 2007
Bleakus wrote:just look around, youll find women

let me rephrase myself...

There is a reason for this situation (no romance). It's called gender imbalance. Take a look at the list...you can sort/order by Total population and find out.

Those looking for romance, it's advisable not to be in the bloody red GCC area... note that Yemen is NOT part of the GCC, therefore it's normal
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_sex_ratio]
Image[/url]
anxiousape
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 21, 2007
anxiousape wrote:
Bleakus wrote:just look around, youll find women

let me rephrase myself...

There is a reason for this situation (no romance). It's called gender imbalance. Take a look at the list...you can sort/order by Total population and find out.

Those looking for romance, it's advisable not to be in the bloody red GCC area... note that Yemen is NOT part of the GCC, therefore it's normal
Image[/url]

i think you should chill out bro, wikipedia is not really the best source for accurate info
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 21, 2007
Bleakus wrote:
i think you should chill out bro, wikipedia is not really the best source for accurate info

Thanks for your concern, but I can't keep all this truth to myself.. I want to share it!

I agree wikipedia is not the most reliable source. Although the first link I posted about the statisticwas from the CIA World fact book. The wiki links I'd posted were only graphical representation of the CIA data.
anxiousape
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 21, 2007
so what your saying is If:

women > men = romance
men > women = no romance

or is it just to prove me wrong in saying that you cannot find enough women in the country?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 22, 2007
Image[/url]

You might defend with the fact that Dubai is such a growing nation, who cares.. There's like more than a million MEN living who are either married or live away from their families because they cant afford it.
That's assuming the fact that all the women in UAE are married.

Precisely speaking the population of UAE between ages 15-65 consists of:
2,558,029 males
932,617 females

I don't know.. maybe if i use some (un)common sense, then I'll figure out that balance or equilibrium is necessary.

What do you have to say about balance? or the GCC? and Yemen?? Why isnt egypt,iran,palestine and other countries not have this imbalance problem? Iraq lost a lot of people in war.. they still don't face as much of an imbalance(2.7) as GCC countries.

Are you still thinking of Romance? :love4: Seriously.. if you have no thoughts of you own/cannot think on your own/have nothing to contribute.... you need not go for the post button.

Looking at the map, maybe some of us wanna head for Greenland to get "laid" as you hipsters put it... just like the stupid guy from london goes to US in the movie 'love actually' : P
anxiousape
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 22, 2007
obviously your taking this topic to heart bro

I found my romance here in dubai so im not complaining. I know alot of my friends have found their romance here and they are happy.

have a safe trip to greenland, hope you find the romance which apparently doesnt exist here

good luck :)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 17, 2007
If one is really a romantic person,he can find it in every aspect of life.So dont be upset with male female ratio ,,.For Dubai my idea and advise is just enjoy watever comes to u ,,be romantic about it and have a blast.If you try hard to find love/romance here it makes you frustrated as most of the girls keep boy friends for other reasons then romance.They have many options here and most of the time they end up making a materialistic decsion.Its like if she is just with you because of your pocket she would ask for BMW and if she also likes you then may be you will get a discout and she might be happy with CAMRY sports edition... :D
kingkhan
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 20, 2007
Romance is definitely available at every turn, but it is finding quality that is difficult
mcp
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 28, 2007
Probably because there is more than 2 males to 1 female in the UAE while the rest of the world has ratio of approx 1:1 ????????????? ie, population of males is more than double the population of females.

think from women's perspective... romance is there even in your scenario... glass is half full
IbnBattuta
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance