Happy@Dubai !!!

Topic locked
Happy@Dubai !!! Mar 05, 2008
Hi All,
Are you happy @ dubai?
I found my self asking about this because i really don't :(
so please share your opinion here
For my self,
I don't feel happy because of i don't feel any social relation here in the community, may be all come for only working and no time for any thing else! also traffic is so bad sure its kill any soul need change or looking forward to make any social relation.
Am I right or you have something else to tell me?
Also what is your suggestions to be happy in city like Dubai.

(Modes: I post this post here because i think happy is romantic thing :) )

yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 06, 2008
dubai is a miserable place of humanoid workers... completely stripped of everything that was human.

so unless you're self employed, or have a foreign employer that values you as a human not as a dollar sign or a serial number.... i'd say you're definatly not alone.

not to mention the abundance of males and sparcity of females here, i wouldnt be surprised if 10 years down the track the rainbow flags all flying all over the shop :shock:
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 06, 2008
Pfft... someone have an extra lashing of cynical on their cornflakes this morning?

Dubai is great if you make the effort.

I have made a decent number of amazing friends, and we do lots of fun stuff.

Like in the last week we:

* went out for drinks of friday night
* watched movies
* played touch football
* went tenpin bowling
* went snowboarding

Not to mention caught up for a breakfast here, a coffee there, and in general had a good time.

It's 100% what you make it.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 07, 2008
I'm unhappy at your innappropriate use of the @ (at) symbol! 'Are you Happy in Dubai?'

Yes - love it!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 08, 2008
generally, at first..

it will be hard...

my 3 months is so hell...im so f**ckinf home sick

i miss my family..there are times that i wanted to come back home.

Then i meet some friends, try to be out thursday night, going clubbing, meeting friends then little by little im kindda adjusted finding Dubai a better place to live.
femme
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 08, 2008
I think dubai is a great place. And If I chart 10 things that contribute to happiness, I can easily find 7 of them in dubai..

Its a crazy place with some crazy good people.. Its been an interesting place to me.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 09, 2008
ian easy for you to say, you're treated here as an australian, so you've got it made...

you havent lived the life of someone like yasrkasem in dubai...
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 09, 2008
ebonics wrote:ian easy for you to say, you're treated here as an australian, so you've got it made...

you havent lived the life of someone like yasrkasem in dubai...

Right so what's the excuse for the friends in my group that are:

* Indian
* Egyptian
* Lebanese
* Chinese

Or from some weird places where I can't even pronounce their names.

Hell, we even accepted some English and even a kiwi into our group of friends.

This country is what you make it, and you have to make the effort.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 09, 2008
^ian^ wrote:This country is what you make it, and you have to make the effort.

This one hits the spot, after the initial adjustment (which one needs to overcome quickly) one need to lift their butts and move. Social networking is a good way to start, Dubai has lots of things to offer but need the effort to find whats right for you. 8)
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 09, 2008
^ian^ wrote:Hell, we even accepted some English and even a kiwi into our group of friends.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 09, 2008
Hi guys again,
Good to know how you all feel and thnx for sharing.
as some said may be i didn't make my best effort to know more about life here and may be i go to the wrong places in wrong times, yes it's all may be and i can add i'm not here from long time to juddge the life, all i did i told about how i feel .
femme: Hope you r better now and wish to u all luck to know nice good and funny friends to make your life more easy
St.Lucifer: you r right it's little bit crazy life ehre and need special treatment to follow it and enjoy, i will try to do some changes may be its working
ebonics: Thnx for sharing us but i dont understand what you mean by (you havent lived the life of someone like yasrkasem in dubai...) it will be nice if you give me more explanations.
^ian^ you seem lucky guy to have good nice different mind and thoughts friends, wish to u all luck and wish to my self to have my own group of friends soon.
reviewer as i said its may be my wrong, so i will try to do what u advised, thnx
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 10, 2008
yasrkasem wrote:ebonics: Thnx for sharing us but i dont understand what you mean by (you havent lived the life of someone like yasrkasem in dubai...) it will be nice if you give me more explanations.

ok yasrkasem, i too, am egyptian born, but my family migrated to australia, and i was raised a full aussie, as far disconnected from being egyptian as you can think.

i have friends from egypt, and i have friends in australia that are egyptian, but are yet to be australian.

let me just say you get treated differently, and im sure you would know, if your passport is green with an eagle stamp you get placed in box A, and if your passport is blue with an emu & a kangaroo on it, you get placed in box B.... you get that treatment everywhere, hotels, airports, different countries, right down to how you get treated at work, your salary etc.. i know its a huge bullsh*t generalisation, but for the most part it is true..
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 11, 2008
hi all,
ebonics: i got the meaning now, So!!!
i didn't use to just accept what they offer and i always try to get what i need or deserve, what i care now is about social life.
nationality is not big deal when the language isn't the friends dont care about salary but should care about friendship.
is there any suggestions for any social clubs or any groups (for all nationality nothing private).
cheers all
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance