Falling In Love Costs You Friends

Topic locked
Falling in love costs you friends Sep 17, 2010
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11321282

Falling in love comes at the cost of losing two close friends, a study says

Happened to me. Ironically I took him out of the gutter and is together with his girlfriend because of me.[/quote]

Sometimes when people have had problems in their relationship and want to "start over", they feel they need to leave everything behind, including friends.

Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Falling In Love Costs You Friends Sep 17, 2010
Agree,but it totally depends on the person and how can they handle it, when someone enters a relationship it s inevitable to have less time for other friends, but it is manageable!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Falling in love costs you friends Sep 17, 2010
It certainly is manageable if there is a will. It is very dissapointing though that some get bitchy.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Falling in love costs you friends Sep 18, 2010
Being in a relationship doesn't mean you have to lose friends at all, but it's a shame when some of your single mates get a bit jealous because their friends are pairing off and it's them that disappear.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Falling In Love Costs You Friends Sep 18, 2010
sometimes i just think people has nothing to do at all but to start a research and come up with a result that keep other people busy discussing it,
well researches are definitely important, but not all of them...

for example I can say, having friends affect the marriage relationship (thousands of people specially women will agree on that)...
anyway everything is possible till it proves the opposite.
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Re: Falling in love costs you friends Sep 19, 2010
I'm sure if Rude-Boy was here he would suggest that ladies should sleep with their partners friends and that should keep everyone happy. I'm not suggesting that for a minute of course. Be careful out there. :bounce:
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Falling In Love Costs You Friends Sep 19, 2010
I would agree with Mahmoud aswell as the study. The door swings both way. I was the absolute last one to hook up in my friends and saw this happen one by one. I'm not saying its a bad thing and then you've got to understand that for most if not all, family comes before friends. But I did have a few who totally disappeared off the radar. While most did a good balancing time between friends and personal life.

Also myself, I've found myself break contact with people who I really didn't like so much in the first place and only entertained on those rare days when everyone was absolutely busy with their own thing. Basically used like spare tyres ! And yes its the wives and GF's who compalin the most if one starts hanging out with his friends.

All in all its up to the person, how he juggles his friends with his personal life.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance