Does Beauty Buy Happiness?

Topic locked
Does Beauty Buy Happiness? Apr 01, 2011
3. Playing Up Your Flaws Can Work to Your Advantage—at Least When It Comes to Finding a Mate This from a January study from dating site OK Cupid, which examined data from 43,000 users to try and determine what kind of women most men find attractive. What they found? That the more men as a group disagree about a woman's looks, the more they end up liking her; that guys tend to ignore girls widely considered to be attractive and opt for women who had less consistent ratings; that having some men think you're ugly actually works in a woman's favor (in terms of the number of messages she gets). What that means for ladies looking for a match? "We now have mathematical evidence that minimizing your 'flaws' is the opposite of what you should do," the site's editorial director and co-founder, Christian Rudder, said at the time. "If you're a little chubby, play it up. If you have a big nose, play it up. If you have a weird snaggletooth, play it up: Statistically, the guys who don't like it can only help you, and the ones who do like it will be all the more excited."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/dailybeast/1324 ... F1dHlidQ--

Lots to be talked about here, The point that is being stressed here is , the more attention you give to an individual , you will eventually develop feelings towards it , Love and hate are both heightened emotional states, and they can be interchanged with the right stimuli

zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Does Beauty Buy Happiness? Apr 30, 2011
Mate ... just quickly isn't this a topic that's def viewed as an individual perspective that the further you delve into it the deeper u go down the rabbit warren of emotional turmoil and ultimately surpassing the state of zen which guides ur mind in that which is just a harmonious balance ... what i mean to say is .... the idea of digging this one gave me the 'blinding light from Dr Ying Yang's trophy cupboard & then momentarily lapsed consciousness' which I was revived by a pure white cat with heterochromia squawking at me .. lol ..... lmao .. sorry I couldn't help drop that on ya...
Marty
Dubai Expat Wannabe

y0, first of all i dont have the slightest idea what you said , what I can make of it is that you are annoyed at my description of the formation of an emotional bond due to continuous attention ?
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Chuckle , no mate my response had narry a thing to do with any form of annoyance or any bad feeling towards you , rather ur post inspired what I wrote , which for all intents and purposes was just that convoluted and abstract ... and here I was thinking you might of smiled .. lol are you still on my wave length mate ? Rock on :-)
Marty
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance