Be Careful What You Say In Your Sleep!

Topic locked
Be careful what you say in your sleep! Dec 27, 2010
"Saves 'Ya a Trip to Court

Apart from walking and talking, scientists learned people can eat in their sleep. Then they learned people have s.e.x in their sleep. Now we learn people apparently can legally terminate their marriages in their sleep.

Village elders have ordered a Muslim man in eastern India to leave his wife of 11 years after he accidentally divorced her in his sleep, a news report said Tuesday.

The man uttered the Urdu word for divorce, "talaq," three times in his sleep. Muslim leaders in the couple's village found out and decreed that the husband's unconscious utterances constituted a divorce.

Under Islamic law, a husband need only say "I divorce you" three times to secure a permanent dissolution to his marriage.

The sleeptalker says he had no intention of leaving his wife. Unfortunately, should the couple wish to remarry, they must be apart for at least 100 days, and the wife would also have to spend a night with another man and then be divorced by him, say the religious leaders."

I just want to know who heard him say it?
Maybe it was the guy who gets to spend a night with the woman before he hands her back?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight

Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Be careful what you say in your sleep! Dec 27, 2010
omg ! :shock: :shock: :shock: ,

Those idiots who passed the ruling should have consulted the established references, This story reminds me of the time when divorces by sms was becoming an issue, and the latest trend is divorces thru fb status updates :|
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Be careful what you say in your sleep! Dec 27, 2010
LOL

This is not the rule! I guess one of those village elders is interested in his wife, that s why they ordered him to divorce her!!

The rule says, there must be a Niya (heart intention) along with saying the words. Obviously when he talks in sleep there is no intention!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Be Careful What You Say In Your Sleep! Dec 27, 2010
Damn ! I've got to watch what I say in my sleep now. I'm made love to many a lusty blonde in my dreams ! Would explain the morning wood ! Should I be stoned now !!!!
desertdudeshj

Re: Be Careful What You Say In Your Sleep! Dec 27, 2010
desertdudeshj wrote:Damn ! I've got to watch what I say in my sleep now. I'm made love to many a lusty blonde in my dreams ! Would explain the morning wood ! Should I be stoned now !!!!

The morning wood? What's that then?
Bethsmum

Re: Be careful what you say in your sleep! Dec 28, 2010
Define 'stoned'...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Be careful what you say in your sleep! Dec 28, 2010
Well you onky have to see where the story originated, to see that they're all backwards thinking tards in that place *sigh*
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Be Careful What You Say In Your Sleep! Dec 28, 2010
desertdudeshj wrote:Damn ! I've got to watch what I say in my sleep now. I'm made love to many a lusty blonde in my dreams ! Would explain the morning wood ! Should I be stoned now !!!!

Were you on a shag rug in front of a fire after sharing a bottle of Chardonnay??? :drunken:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Be Careful What You Say In Your Sleep! Dec 28, 2010
Bora Bora wrote:

Were you on a shag rug in front of a fire after sharing a bottle of Chardonnay??? :drunken:

LMAO Bora!
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance