Yodeler Fined, May Have Offended Noisy Neighbors

Topic locked
Yodeler fined, may have offended noisy neighbors Dec 02, 2010
An Austrian retiree was fined by a judge for yodeling when mowing his lawn.

His neighbors, who use loudspeakers to broadcast the call to prayer in the backyard of their private home, say they were disrupted by the man's yodeling.

The judge agreed that the yodels may have had malicious intent and ordered the yodeler to pay 800 euros.

The daily paper writes the Austrian was fined 800 Euros after judges ruled he could have tried to offend them and ridicule their belief.

http://austrianindependent.com/news/Gen ... say_judges

http://www.pi-news.net/2010/11/steierma ... erurteilt/

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Yodeler Fined, May Have Offended Noisy Neighbors Dec 02, 2010
PMSL

Bob Spencer must be having fits in loon-land. Now the Austrian authorities are in danger of succumbing to the Mooslim plot to take over Europe! LOL

But alas, it seems it just another case of loon exaggeration that relies on the old favourite - the selective quote.

The Muslims, whose nationalities were not revealed by the report, were right in the middle of a prayer when the Austrian started to yodel.

"It was not my intention to imitate or insult them. I simply started to yodel a few tunes because I was in such a good mood" the man told the newspaper today

But of course, Bob Spencer and his fans probably think they know more about Austrian law than an Austrian judge, just as they think they know more about Islam than Muslim scholars!

You've gotta admire their chutzpah - but when yodelling neighbours merits a thread of its own, you must know the loons are getting desperate! LOL

Oh, BTW - here's a good article on the entrapment of the US teenager in Oklahoma on terrorism charges:
http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn ... index.html

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Relapse Shaf, relapse.
desertdudeshj

I couldn't resist, I couldn't resist - the flesh is weak.

LOL

But I had to give the young lad credit - it made me laugh!!

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Yodeler fined, may have offended noisy neighbors Dec 02, 2010
Thats what the left church is trying to teach: hate/despise your own culture/heritance, while accomodating and "positively discriminiate" other cultures without limits.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Yodeler fined, may have offended noisy neighbors Dec 02, 2010
Obviously the judge is a product from the grouphugging 60's.

If you life in Austria and you take offense of somebody yodeling in his back yard: take a hike!

If you are offended by muezzin at 5am in Dubai: take a hike also!

-- Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:32 pm --

May I ask for the reason, why Shafique's posts were deleted?
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Well after reading this post , I would agree to a certain extent that the prosecution mention in the links , are just a little too extreme. But as i said before it will take time for any new legislation to be applied properly , This call to prayer in blaringly loud speakers definitely is a nuisance no doubt ,

Historically the call to prayer is was done using just the human voice, I wonder whose bright idea it was to use a speaker with piercing noise to broadcast it. Every religion including islam asks people to be sensitive to their neighbor and should avoid any action that causes them annoyance regardless of their faith.

The idiots like the ones mentioned in the article that are causing a nuisance to the people around them is definitely objectionable.

Its really sad what the state of affairs has come to, obviously any non muslim who reads such articles would be put off with this religion.
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Yodeler Fined, May Have Offended Noisy Neighbors Dec 05, 2010
zubber wrote:But as i said before it will take time for any new legislation to be applied properly.

As it appears now, law is applied across EU countries that non-Muslims citing the Quran can be prosecuted. New EU law in the making will merely enforce this. Very worrisome (for non-Muslims).
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

^Epic fail or tall tale?

What law would prevent anyone quoting the Quran or citing it in writing? :roll:

Edit: If there is such an EU law - will you do a Citizen's arrest of Wilders then? ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Or maybe have Bob arrested at the Airport when he lands in Europe ?
desertdudeshj

shafique wrote:^Epic fail or tall tale?

What law would prevent anyone quoting the Quran or citing it in writing? :roll:

Edit: If there is such an EU law - will you do a Citizen's arrest of Wilders then? ;)

Cheers,
Shafique

I see you answered your own question.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Yodeler fined, may have offended noisy neighbors Dec 05, 2010
Maybe if the old guy had set up speakers on his house and just yodelled away, he would not have been fined?

Isn't yodelling a national pastime in Austria?

Or perhaps he should have taken up the Alpenhorn?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Yodeler Fined, May Have Offended Noisy Neighbors Dec 06, 2010
Flying Dutchman wrote:
zubber wrote:But as i said before it will take time for any new legislation to be applied properly.

As it appears now, law is applied across EU countries that non-Muslims citing the Quran can be prosecuted. New EU law in the making will merely enforce this. Very worrisome (for non-Muslims).

I agree that it would be worrisome, but complete enforcement of the new law also wont be straight forward, coupled with the fact that percentage of cases that actually get reported are generally low. I dont think people will be randomly targetted
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk