When Spin Fails Spectacularly

Topic locked
When spin fails spectacularly Oct 18, 2012
Ray (event horizon) is just a troll who hates Muslims. It is futile to engage with him when he is on his anti-Muslim rants.

However, sometimes his fails are so spectacular, it is worth starting a new thread. (Notable previous examples of failures were him thinking an EDL mob were protesting in favour of something when the opposite was true, and of thinking a spoof report of an Imam condoning rape was true).

His latest failure is imagining that this forum is 'plagued by Taliban supporters'. I guess his fantasy is that I'm one of these supporters.

As usual, there is the fantasy and then there is the reality:
shafique wrote:I've always been against the Taliban - but I'm on the side of the Afghan people and don't like the fact they are being killed too since the invasion. I initially supported the invasion and over-throw of the Taliban, but I've been despondent at how it has developed since.

Going into alliance with thugs such as Dostum and then paying off the Taliban - and now the information in this documentary cause me a lot of concern.

But, I'll be honest - I did support the invasion at first - unlike Iraq where it was clear to me that the war was not justified and would lead to unnecessary bloodshed and chaos (which it did).

dubai-politics-talk/america-secret-killers-documentary-t46612.html#p379428

ray/eh is clearly just a troll, but one with dangerous views though: he supports extremists and remains one of the few posters here who refuses to condemn acts of terror:
philosophy-dubai/most-extreme-religous-fanatic-here-t41961.html

Cheers,
Shafique

PS, here are links to his previous fails mentioned above:
Passing off a made-up blog post as fact:
dubai-politics-talk/fox-news-let-down-t42289.html
Thinking an EDL mob were protesting in favour of child rapists:
dubai-politics-talk/200-yewts-riot-support-child-rapists-t49355.html#p401645

:alien:

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules