UNRWA Budget To Hit Zero By New Year

Topic locked
UNRWA budget to hit zero by new year Dec 28, 2009
UNRWA budget to hit zero by new year

Large international donors are not paying what they used to, the number of individuals depending on UNRWA services are increasing, and several Arab states have failed to follow-through on aid pledges, the spokesman said.

The largest donors for UNRWA and its services are: the United States, the European Commission, Britain, Sweden, Japan, Canada, and the Gulf Arab states.

After looking for a donor list, this one came up:

http://www.un.org/unrwa/donors/docs/top_20_state_donors_gf_2008.pdf

Interesting that Luxembourg is on place 17 and donates twice as much as the first Arab state, Kuwait, which takes place 20.

So much for Ara solidarity.

Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: UNRWA budget to hit zero by new year Dec 29, 2009
It's a joke - I agree.

Compare the donations to UNRWA with US military aid to the same Arab countries and I would wager that it would dwarf the donations to UNRWA by the West. Then also compare it with the military aid to Israel and we can see where the priorities are!

If only democratic will of the Arab people were allowed by those in power. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:It's a joke - I agree.

Compare the donations to UNRWA with US military aid to the same Arab countries and I would wager that it would dwarf the donations to UNRWA by the West. Then also compare it with the military aid to Israel and we can see where the priorities are!

If only democratic will of the Arab people were allowed by those in power. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique

Yeah, that would be something (if we saw the will of Arabs and Muslims)

dubai-politics-talk/only-pakistanis-support-killing-apostates-t36860.html
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Well, in one of the fairest elections in the Arab world, the population voted out the corrupt party in power and voted in the party who promised to help the people.

The reward for doing this was international sanctions though - so much for supporting democracy!

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

This shows again the cynical game Arabs are playing. They want the Palestians to suffer for their own political goals. I guess the hatred against Israel make people loose all their decency.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: UNRWA budget to hit zero by new year Dec 30, 2009
Flying Dutchman wrote:This shows again the cynical game Arabs are playing. They want the Palestians to suffer for their own political goals. I guess the hatred against Israel make people loose all their decency.

You have a point - if the Arab leadership did what their populations wanted, more would be done to help the Palestinians. Similarly, Britain would not today be in Iraq if the will of the people was heeded before we followed Bush into war in 2003.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk