Turkish Autopsy: All Turks Died From 9 Mm Gunshot Wounds

Topic locked
Turkish autopsy: all Turks died from 9 mm gunshot wounds Jun 08, 2010
Looks like another lie being exposed in the making.

I simply lost count on the number of claims and outright fabrications that have been exposed by the Free Gaza peeps.

Kudos to the Israelis for their work in aggressively exposing the Pal-Arab supporters for their lies.

The current lie exposed was the one from an al-Jazeera journalist who claimed to have witnessed men on board the Mavi Marmara taking fire from the helicopters above, saying that he personally saw two men receiving head shots from Israeli sharpshooters.

Now, I'm not a gun buff, but even I know that a 9mm has very little chance hitting targets from as far away as the helicopters flying above the ship. Let alone that a handgun would even be that accurate.

But hey, common sense told me that journalist was lying. Why would members of the IHH come rushing at the helicopters if two of their members were already taken out by headshots from 'sniper rifles' ?

(Oh, and as a side note, it is *extremely* difficult to ever hit a target from a moving helicopter moving from side-to-side from their target. That two men were taken out by headshots from 9mm handguns is absurd)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/ju ... sy-results

The autopsy results released today by the Turkish authorities after the Israeli attack on the Gaza flotilla reveal in chilling detail the intensity of the military force unleashed on the multinational convoy.

Each of the nine victims on the Mavi Marmara in international waters off the coast of Israel in the early hours of Monday morning was shot at least once and some five or six times with 9mm rounds.

The results also reveal how close the fighting was. Dr Haluk Ince, chair of Turkey's council of forensic medicine (ATK), said: "Approximately 20cm away was the closest. In only one case was there only one entrance wound. The other eight have multiple entrance wounds. [The man killed by a single shot] was shot just in the middle of the forehead with a distant shot."

The details emerged as Turkey warned that it may reconsider its diplomatic ties with Israel unless it receives an apology.

The deputy prime minister, Bulent Arinc, warned: "We may plan to reduce our relations with Israel to a minimum."

Namid Tan, the ambassador to Washington, warned that Israel was "about to lose [a] friend". He repeated calls for an independent investigation of the raid and end its blockade against Gaza.

Asked if Turkey might break off relations, he said: "We don't want this to go to that point." But he added: "The government might be forced to take such an action."

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Turkish Autopsy: All Turks Died From 9 Mm Gunshot Wound Jun 08, 2010
EH, please tell me you aren't serious???
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Turkish autopsy: all Turks died from 9 mm gunshot wound Jun 09, 2010
I'm very serious Bora Bora.

The facts don't support the claims made by passengers on the ship and, in any event, the passengers are contradicting each other - one al Jizya employee said that the firing of live rounds happened well after the commandos landed on the ship, contradicting the other al-Jizya journalist's version of events that he personally saw two men who had taken head shots from the helicopters above *before* the commandos grappled down.

This is one lie among many others exposed. A few others include the claims that the IDF shot passengers in their sleep and that there was no violence carried out against the commandos by the Turkish combatants.

These were all reported and transmitted to the world without the media first verifying the facts or making sense of them.

Again, props to the Israelis for countering these lies hours after the incident by releasing videos they personally shot and the even more incriminating video taken on board by one of the combatants.
event horizon

Re: Turkish autopsy: all Turks died from 9 mm gunshot wound Jun 09, 2010
Those lies still cannot hide 9 mm gunshot wounds in peoples fore heads and chests, can they?
That's why she is taking the piss out of you idiot..All you can do is put value on the news but not on the humans themselves , isn't it? Can you explain why a 19 year old teenager has to be shot 4 time in his head and 2 times in his chest.. One short range shot by those ar.seoles is enough to kill don't you think?
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Turkish Autopsy: All Turks Died From 9 Mm Gunshot Wound Jun 09, 2010
eh - please don't make up excuses on behalf of the IDF, I mean they have professionals do this job for them.

When they come up with your excuse that a 9mm round to the top of the head could not have been fired from a helicopter, then come and present your stories. (Sometimes we do get tired of your fairy tales ;) )

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Turkish Autopsy: All Turks Died From 9 Mm Gunshot Wound Jun 09, 2010
eh - who is brainwashing you?? If your version of what happened was fertilizer, the world would be covered in grass - and I'm not talking about the kind you must be smoking.

Those guys who did the shooting were trained sharpshooters, not some yokels they found at a carnival at the duck shoot stand.

No rubber duckie for you.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Turkish autopsy: all Turks died from 9 mm gunshot wound Jun 10, 2010
Well, I'm not a gun buff as you are, Bora Bora. But perhaps I am misunderstanding you.

Are you claiming that the Israelis used their 9mm sidearms to snipe at demonstrators on board the ship from their moving helicopters from, reasonably speaking, at least one hundred feet away ?

Did they have scopes on their sidearms ?

rolls eyes
event horizon

Re: Turkish Autopsy: All Turks Died From 9 Mm Gunshot Wound Jun 11, 2010
Dear eh, given that you're protesting you're not a gun buff, but at the same time accusing people of lying based on some Columbo-era balistic knowledge (rather than CSI laser guided investigations), your protestations ring a bit hollow.

However, even if we take your little knowledge of guns (and as a young American, you have most of us at a disadvantage) - your case for the IDF (which they, incidentally are NOT making) doesn't stand the test of logic.

Actually it makes the situation worse for the Keystone Commandos - for you are saying that rather than deliberately aiming with a rifle at a humanitarians head, they actually fired small arms fire which is less accurate. Therefore if the reports that the guy shot at the top of his head was shot from above (a reasonable assumption, unless you think he prostrated before the helicopter/keystone cops) then it indicates random firing at a crowd by a bunch of trigger happy kids!

When they release the video of what happened before they landed on the ship, we'll have the evidence one way or the other. You have seen this video haven't you eh? (I haven't, for censorship reasons - i.e. the IDF haven't released it. Hmmm)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Turkish autopsy: all Turks died from 9 mm gunshot wound Jun 11, 2010
event horizon wrote:Well, I'm not a gun buff as you are, Bora Bora. But perhaps I am misunderstanding you.

Are you claiming that the Israelis used their 9mm sidearms to snipe at demonstrators on board the ship from their moving helicopters from, reasonably speaking, at least one hundred feet away ?

Did they have scopes on their sidearms ?

rolls eyes

Using your "at least one hundred feet away": Maximum effective range: 47.7 yards. 3 feet to a yard would give your 143.1 feet.

So yeah, it is possible.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Turkish autopsy: all Turks died from 9 mm gunshot wound Jun 11, 2010
your case for the IDF (which they, incidentally are NOT making) doesn't stand the test of logic.

Well, let's see what makes sense.

An al-Jizya reporter (before the autopsy results from the Turks came out) claimed that the Israelis, from their choppers, sniped at the combatants below.

(incidentally, another al-Jizya reporter contradicts the other reporter's claims)

The videos show the combatants on the ship rushing towards the helicopters just after the soldiers in the helicopters are said to have successfully landed head shots on at least two of the combatants - You know, because you run towards the people with guns firing at you if you want to stay alive.

Now it turns out that all of the bullet wounds were from 9mm rounds. Which is what the Israeli soldiers were equipped with as their sidearms.

Apparently, we are to believe that the Israelis using their sidearms, without scopes, were successful in landing headshots on a moving helicopter at *night* from far range.

And, oh yeah, the soldiers holstered their sidearms again and clearly didn't use them when they were initially attacked by scores of men with metal rods and knives after they grappled down the choppers - but they weren't hesitant to use them when they weren't in any immediate danger.

Additionally, we are to believe from your own post, that the Israelis would waste what little ammo they had by firing wildly at the combatants below. It's not like soldiers have sidearms as a last resort when their primary weapon is no longer of use to them. But in this case, the marines used their sidearms because they had a second sidearm ??? (or just this once decided on bringing a lot of additional 9mm ammo with them but not on any assault rifles or anything)

Is that logical enough for you ?
event horizon

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk