Tears They Dont Deserve!

Topic locked
Tears they dont deserve! Jun 05, 2011
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Tears They Dont Deserve! Jun 05, 2011
Be ensaf :(
Totally unfair!
Both Iranian regime and FIFA should be ashamed of themselves!
symmetric
BANNED

Why should FIFA be ashamed of themselves ?
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

They should know better that the Iranian regime are being jerks and for that they could've atleast been more flexable, and let those girls play, instead of hurting their feelings!

Poor girls, I don't think they would want to wear veils anyways!
symmetric
BANNED

desertdudeshj wrote:Why should FIFA be ashamed of themselves ?

Because they are totally corrupt!
Bethsmum

symmetric wrote:They should know better that the Iranian regime are being jerks and for that they could've atleast been more flexable, and let those girls play, instead of hurting their feelings!

Poor girls, I don't think they would want to wear veils anyways!

Yes they could be more flexiable, that I can agree with, but sometimes stuff like this can opens up a can of worms. Others might start making unreasoable demands aswell for whatever reason they can think of.

I agree its nor fair on the girls but unfortunately its Iran's fault of making up such stupid rules in the first place. Although they are out of the country and not breaking any rules, they might be very well prosecuted once they return, has happened before and personally believe this is the main reason they are still veiled overseas well atleast when in the public eye.

On a postive note. I think this is just one more straw on the camels back, but slowly and surely there will be enough that finally one day it will break its back. Until then hang on tight.
desertdudeshj

Re: Tears they dont deserve! Jun 05, 2011
Poor girls. But it is a tough call. Where do you draw the line? Give in to one and you end up giving in to everyone.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Tears They Dont Deserve! Jun 08, 2011
Came across something with regards to this today. That the 2010 youth Olympic teams was warned before hand and they resolved the issue by special designed caps and Fifa approved and they were allowed to take part .

Similarly Iran was warned before hand for this game aswell and they totally choose to ignore it. Seems like nothing more than Iran trying to play politics. Whatever sympathy was there is now totally gone. They had an option which they had used in the past and choose against it and now crying foul ! Sorry, go cry in another corner.

The 2010 youth olympic team

“FIFA’s decision in March 2010 which permitted that the players be allowed to wear a cap that covers their head to the hairline, but does not extend below the ears to cover the neck, was still applicable,” FIFA had said in an e-mail to Reuters news agency.

FIFA went on to say that despite initial assurances that the Iranian delegation understood this, the players came out wearing the hijab, and the head and neck totally covered, which was an infringement of the Laws of the Game.

http://www.persianfootball.com/live/ind ... Itemid=175
desertdudeshj

Re: Tears they dont deserve! Jun 08, 2011
Of course they knew the rules! It’s not like they caught them by surprise. The problem is as national team for ISLAMIC Iran they don’t have any choice but wear those crappy veils. If they had choice they would most definitely obey FIFA rules.

Sorry, go cry in another corner.

Get real! They don't cry for you!!!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Tears they dont deserve! Jun 08, 2011
melika969 wrote:Of course they knew the rules! It’s not like they caught them by surprise. The problem is as national team for ISLAMIC Iran they don’t have any choice but wear those crappy veils. If they had choice they would most definitely obey FIFA rules.

Comprehension fail again !

They HAD a choice. The youth team had similar restrictions imposed, they got around it by wearing that specially designed headgear. The other team choose to ignore it and come out in full veil. Why couldn't they wear that kind of head gear aswell. Another option and a proven alternative was avaialble.

One team from Iran follows the rules and gets to play. One ignores the rules and is not allowed to play, so who's at fault ?
desertdudeshj

Re: Tears they dont deserve! Jun 09, 2011
You have no idea what you talking about! based on FIFA rules the ear and neck should not be covered! and based on ISLAMIC rules they should be covered! so there is no way they can design a costume.

The pic in my link and the one u posted, show same costumes!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Tears They Dont Deserve! Jun 09, 2011
desertdudeshj

Yes very dumb of you indeed. You posted pics of 2011 team and introduced it as 2010 team! And you don't understand no costume can be fit with bith FIFA and ISLAM requirements!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

I'll give it one more last try, just in the off chance your little peanut just might get it this time round. I emphasize on the key words to make it easier for you.

Iran complains and FIFA replies with this

“FIFA’s decision in March 2010 which permitted that the players be allowed to wear a cap that covers their head to the hairline, but does not extend below the ears to cover the neck, was still applicable,” FIFA had said in an e-mail to Reuters news agency.

I'll explain. The above is talking about the 2010 Iranian team, the team which was ALLOWED to play with those contraptions on their head, even the persianfootball.com websites states

At the 2010 Youth Olympics, Iran’s girls protected their modesty by covering their hair with specially designed caps.

http://www.persianfootball.com/live/ind ... Itemid=175

The 2011 Iranian team players came out wearing the hijab, and the head and neck totally covered, which was an infringement of the Laws of the Game.

NOW my question is...if the 2010 team was permitted to play with those contraptions on their heads all the while "protecting their modesty by covering their hair with specially designed caps" which I repeat FIFA ALLOWED

WHY didn't the 2011 team just wear the same FIFA APPROVED head gear which the 2010 team woreand carry on playing insted of turning up totallly covered up ?

Capiche ? Probably not, but hey WTF, was worth a try anyways.
desertdudeshj

I don't think that it was wrong of FIFA at all, they've got pretty tight rules about religious advertising.
It's not that they're muslims, if the Israeli team were to wear yamakas, it still wouldn't be allowed...and cross necklaces are also not allowed.

PLUS, they gave the team an alternative that had been worn by their youth team, they could've settled for them but they didn't.
Not FIFA's fault at all, it was the team's choice and they shouldn't be crying about it. Be a little bit more professional for crying out loud. (pun intended, if that is a pun anyway)
cw71017
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

DDS, Caps which cover heads not neck and ears are not fit with Islamic rules! As a muslim can you understand this or not?! DUHHHHH

AGAIN, the pic you posted as "The 2010 youth olympic team" is the 2011 team pic! :lol:

on 2010,
Iran had the same problem at the 2010 Youth Olympic Games in Singapore but the Iranian officials resolved the issue.

they didn't resolve the issue by wearing caps! They said they will resolve the issue, but as I said ISALMIC rules and FIFA rules can not be respected in the same time.
This is Iran's youth team on 2010 Singapore (Olympic), can you see their ears?

WHY didn't the 2011 team just wear the same FIFA APPROVED head gear which the 2010 team woreand carry on playing insted of turning up totallly covered up ?

Totally covered up eh?
this is 2011 team, costume design is same as 2010!

and shut up if you have nothing to say, you dont have to show your stupidity over and over again!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Sigh ! :roll: Like I said, it wouldn't register in that little peanut, but I tired none the less.

Even a 15 yr old gets it ! If you insist on playing victim, fine, don't let me stop you.
desertdudeshj

Jun 09, 2011
^^^playing victim for what?! :lol: :lol:

Still you didn't answer to this point, FIFA says neck and ear should not be covered, ISLAM says they should be covered. HOW THEY CAN DSIGN A COSTUME FOR THESE BOTH CRITERIAS IN A SAME TIME?

I showed you the pics of costumes for both 2010 team and 2011 team. Both very ISLAMIC and covering neck and ears. Olympic approved it with negotiation ,FIFA didnt approve it.

I know insulting is part of your language as you are a low class driver, but just TRY to show some decency.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

:roll:

Sorry can't help you there if your comprehension level is below than that of a 15 yr old.

I'm talking about cw71017 here, he is actually 15 yrs old and he gets it, so once you've improved your comprehension skills, get in touch and maybe we could talk later about it.
desertdudeshj

I don't get down to your level and insult, for the hundredth time, answer these questions:

1- how do you see any difference between 2010 and 2011 costume? as you said they should wear their 2010 costumes!!! (As I told you hundred times, 2010 was Olympic, 2011 is FIFA)

2- how they can design a costume to be fit with FIFA and ISLAM rules in the same time?
(FIFA wants ear and neck to be uncovered, ISLAM wants ear and neck covered)

Very plain and simple questions, which you have no answer for them! Obviously!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

FFS women learn to read and most importantly understand !

melika969 wrote:1- how do you see any difference between 2010 and 2011 costume? as you said they should wear their 2010 costumes!!! (As I told you hundred times, 2010 was Olympic, 2011 is FIFA)

FIFA’s decision in March 2010 which permitted that the players be allowed to wear a cap that covers their head to the hairline, but does not extend below the ears to cover the neck, was still applicable,” FIFA had said in an e-mail to Reuters news agency.

melika969 wrote:2- how they can design a costume to be fit with FIFA and ISLAM rules in the same time?
(FIFA wants ear and neck to be uncovered, ISLAM wants ear and neck covered)

As far is islam is concerned there is no such thing about covering the ears and neck ? Maybe the perverted Iranian shia version does but then again that is Iran's problem, not FiFA's But even the persianfootball.com site states quite proudly by the looks of it. That the 2010 team were protecting their modesty with those things ? So how could they be protecting their modesty if according to you that this is not allowed according to Iranian Islam ?

FIFA is the ruling body and their laws apply for olympic events aswell any international football events. If you wipe your eyes of the tears which you so much love to cry protraying the innocent victim and read. FIFA made that official statement not me, its on record. That of these players had follwed those simple and basic rules they would have been allowed to play !!!!!!!! I'll repeat on the almost impossible possibilty that you will get it. The 2010 head gear was allowed by FIFA and by the looks of it who ever is concerned about Iranian Islam and women protecting their modesty also gave it the green light.

Meaning approved by the Olympics, FIFA, Iranians and Iranian Islam

Jeez your as thick as they come arn't ya !
desertdudeshj

^^^What you need to do is not even reading, you just need to look at the pictures to see the costume! THEY COVER NECK AND EAR IN 2010 and 2011! Are you blind?!

Iran's team has the same problem in 2010! They resolved it with negotiation with Olympic committe.can you get this or not?! THE COSTUME WAS NOT DIFFERENT FROM 2011!

Iranian ISLAM is the same ISLAM that Mohammad brought. Women are allowed to uncover their face and hands in ISLAM. NOTHING MORE! go refresh your ISLAMIC knowledge too!

Still there is no way to have a costume to match with FIFA and ISLAM both! and the 2010 costume are no different from 2011.

You can bark on your rants endlessly, who cares?! I made my points very clear several times in this thread.

If you wipe your eyes of the tears which you so much love to cry protraying the innocent victim and read.

Cry? :lol: :lol: I am a highly educated professional with a great job and life and I certainly don't want to waste my weekend making you understand basics about your religion! you are the one who supposed to cry as you are 24 hours online on this forum, having no real life! :lol: :lol:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

desertdudeshj

^^^Don't bother, nobody expects more from you! :lol:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Tears they dont deserve! Jun 11, 2011
melika969 wrote:DDS, Caps which cover heads not neck and ears are not fit with Islamic rules! As a muslim can you understand this or not?! DUHHHHH

AGAIN, the pic you posted as "The 2010 youth olympic team" is the 2011 team pic! :lol:

on 2010,
Iran had the same problem at the 2010 Youth Olympic Games in Singapore but the Iranian officials resolved the issue.

they didn't resolve the issue by wearing caps! They said they will resolve the issue, but as I said ISALMIC rules and FIFA rules can not be respected in the same time.
This is Iran's youth team on 2010 Singapore (Olympic), can you see their ears?

Totally covered up eh?
this is 2011 team, costume design is same as 2010!

and shut up if you have nothing to say, you dont have to show your stupidity over and over again!

Seeing as to how you've said in some previous posts that you "Won't sink down to someone's level by insulting" (I'm paraphrasing, so excuse me for that), that last line seems mighty hypocritical doesn't it?
I'm sorry, but you've added absolutely nothing to the conversation except for repeatedly saying that the 2010 and 2011 headgear is the same, and that only proves that the team was wrong in the first place.

I might not be very well informed of the rules set by FIFA about having your ears and neck uncovered, but I can sure see where FIFA are coming from.
If you've ever watched/played football, you'd know how much shirt pulling and other tugging of clothes happens, especially during penalty kicks etc.
That is only for the teams safety, so why don't they just give the team a waiver to sign and let them play their own way?

Like I said in my previous post, FIFA has very strict rules on religious advertising, you can't wear a cross necklace, and you can't wear a yamaka...the only difference between wearing these two and wearing a hijab is that you are required to wear a hijab, right? Then there must be some error made in the FIFA rules right?

Nope. The alternative they were given is almost the same thing (as you've so continually stated), so why didn't they take it? No where in Islam does it say that the hijab must be yours, and that you're not allowed to cover your head using any other type of fabric. Simply put, the FIFA approved hijab is fine with your religious views? Then wear it, instead of declining and and then sulking about it in front of the media.

Also, there's that case of FIFA being a major independent company, and not having to spend all their time figuring out how they're gonna get these ladies to play. Besides, if they do then that would be (IMO, at least) religious discrimination, since they are spending a lot of their time (and probably changing some of their rules) on fixing that problem, and other religious conservative bigots (such as yourself) would be complaining about the fact that they are putting these women's religious views on a pedestal.

I really hope that this explains it for you, then maybe some of your rebuttals wouldn't be as redundant as they seem to be.
cw71017
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Read my posts again dear 15 years old. As you said I might be redundant, but it seem like you didn’t get my point.

I never condemned FIFA for their rules, nor I said they should be flexible with Iran's team. What I brought up here was a headline from news.
I don’t think FIFA has to let them play with hijab, and I know nothing about what they have to wear in football, I'm not an expert. I'm sure FIFA should decide about that and I say this redundantly, I never condemned FIFA! IF anyone needs to do something, that is Iran's regime which needs to get rid of Islamic rules.

What desertdudeshj said was Iran team should have worn their 2010 costume, and what I was tryin to tell him was that 2010 costume has no difference from 2011, so it wouldn’t help them in that matter. In 2010 they managed to get into Olympic games with negotiations, but they didn’t manage to do so in 2011.

LOL! For first time in my life someone called me religious conservative bigot!! Dear 15 years old, I am an atheist!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Tears They Dont Deserve! Jun 11, 2011
Alright then my apologies for calling you a bigot, you don't have to call me '15 years old' all the time though, I don't really understand how that's relevant lol
cw71017
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

^^^Apology accpeted! :D ;)
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

and what I was tryin to tell him was that 2010 costume has no difference from 2011, so it wouldn’t help them in that matter. In 2010 they managed to get into Olympic games with negotiations, but they didn’t manage to do so in 2011.

Don't worry Mel sports was politicized for many decades as well.The result is we have western style vs islamic style . LOL. 8)
If I was a member of an international sports body of any sort, I personally would much appreciate teams that are still winning despite islamic clothing than peforming in so called comfy, cool almost naked clothing.
Imagine how smart that would be...
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk