Do U Support Democracy In The ME?

Topic locked
Do u support democracy in the ME? Jun 03, 2011
It caught my mind that if democracy has found its way to the Middle East, then it will never be in favour of the pro-Israeli side, specially the USA that is being controlled by parties that has always shown extreme support to Israel, due to the strong influence of the Jewish lobby that controls the foreign affairs.

Those who defend the presence of Israel, regardless its extreme brutality & justify it as being "self-defence", they should be very sad for losing corrupted regimes such as Mubaraks and very soon Asad in Syria. Both of those corrupted regimes never listened to their own people, and served Israel more than anyone else. Even Asad's regime declared it that if they loose, Israel will also loose.

If Mubarak and Asad really listened to their people. Israel would have faced endless attacks to destroy it as per the desire of the Middle East nations. Give any person in the region the option of having to accept Israel or to get rid of it, vast majority will surely choose to cancel Israel and expel all intruding non-native Jews back to their original countries in Europe and Russia, and send back all Palestinian refugees back to their homeland.

So if democracy means that people's votes will have the final word, then having democracy in the Middle East will be the biggest mistake ever for pro-Israelis.

The native nation (Palestinians) expressing their sorrow and extreme sadness of their tragedy and loss of country/land/honour/peace, while a population of mixed intruders celebrating their victory of establishing a state of their own on the land of the miserable natives whom they forced to move out from their own houses. This is surely one of the most ugly images of injustice.

Just like how bad people always end up loosing at the end of any story, such as Mubarak (and soon Asad), likewise Israel will end up loosing. Away from religion, and any prophecies, the Middle Eastern nations, if they obtained real democracy, then let the Israel await a justified holocaust that will resemble true justice for all Middle Eastern people.

Did the West really miss this scenario? I don't think so.
Did Israel miss this scenario? I don't think so, but I keep on asking myself, why didn't Israel invest sometime to make friends with people around? Is it greed to steal more lands? Or is it arrogance and ego?

There was plenty of time & chances for Israel to ensure its existence, despite the extreme injustice and brutality practised. There was a big chance to accept the alien population after all, and I've seen people around me discussing such scenario, but now that nations are rising up with strong emotions and thirst for real justice, I think Israel has lost everything already.

I have a question, based on the analysis above.
Do you support democracy in the Middle East?

symmetric
BANNED

Re: Do U Support Democracy In The ME? Jun 04, 2011
Yes.
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Do u support democracy in the ME? Jun 04, 2011
Not sure you know what a Democracy is.
does "your" democracy include separation of religion and state
freedom of speech, like the right to criticize Islam and your leaders
freedom of cult like building churches, jewish temples and promote Christianity
equality, like self determination for women, end of polygamy
capsicum
BANNED

symmetric wrote:It caught my mind that if democracy has found its way to the Middle East, ...dross and more dross.

I have a question, based on the analysis above.
Do you support democracy in the Middle East?

The Arabs wouldn’t recognise democracy in Palestine if they tripped over it and it jumped up and kicked them in the backside as the diverse ethnic groups there are too busy fighting each other in order to feather their own nests.

The Economist Intelligence Unit’s democracy index is based on five categories: Electoral process and Pluralism; Civil liberties; The functioning of government; Political participation; and Political culture. The five categories are interrelated and form a coherent conceptual whole.

The condition of having free and fair competitive elections, and satisfying related aspects of
political freedom, is clearly the basic requirement of all definitions.

When the day comes that we all see free and fair competitive elections in Palestine, I will also be looking for the pigs flying overhead.

Do I support Democracy in the ME? If that’s what they want then yes, do I think it will ever happen? No.

based on your analysis above? Not in your wildest supremacist dreams, you need to understand that the State of Israel is there to stay and the sooner you accept their right to exist and treat them as your brothers, which in fact they are, the sooner peace will prevail.

http://www.economist.com/media/pdf/DEMO ... 007_v3.pdf
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sadly some nations just wouldn't function being democratic states - they fight enough between themselves as it is.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Democracy is not for the Homo Jihadus (see OP).
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

So if democracy means that people's votes will have the final word, then having democracy in the Middle East will be the biggest mistake ever for pro-Israelis.

Some of the so called democraticly elected presidents stayed in power for like 30 to 40 years was by manipulation of the election results. So as powerless citizens what can we do if there is general consensus amongst state runners in favour of dictatorship..

Justice is always justice with or without democracy,its only the pure good intentions and will that makes good governance stand out from the rest..The problem with ME is that for the last century or so they were population and economics wise rather weak to fight back so they chose to be subdued..But it's changing with rising education,youth population and economics while the west is slowing down, western weakness will surely be an oppurtunity for the easterners to rise once more..This is kinda like life cycle..
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Do U Support Democracy In The ME? Jun 04, 2011
:lol:
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Re: Do U Support Democracy In The ME? Jun 05, 2011
IMHO in the GCC countries , their tyrants (rulers) have become addicted to power and wiping their A$$ with crisp Cnote Dollar bills , Unfortunately change could only be brought about with force
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

zubber wrote:IMHO in the GCC countries , their tyrants (rulers) have become addicted to power and wiping their A$$ with crisp Cnote Dollar bills , Unfortunately change could only be brought about with force

It didn't take you long to become disillusioned Zubber. You've only been in the UAE two minutes.

As far as I can see the locals in Dubai seem to be content with their lot, well most of them. I don't see them looking on Sheikh Mohammed as a tyrant or want to over throw him. It's their country and not for anyone else to make judgement on how it's ruled.

You need to go back to India Zubber and start with the massive problems you have there with poverty. It's disgraceful the way some of your people have to live. Where do you lot spend all the money you are give in hand outs?
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Bethsmum wrote:It didn't take you long to become disillusioned Zubber. You've only been in the UAE two minutes.

Oh actually the disullusionment happened a long long time ago

Bethsmum wrote:As far as I can see the locals in Dubai seem to be content with their lot, well most of them. I don't see them looking on Sheikh Mohammed as a tyrant or want to over throw him. It's their country and not for anyone else to make judgement on how it's ruled.

Ah this confirm the fact that you are unaware of the govt works in that region, Not to worry , their are many who are unable to see the thru all the glitter.

Bethsmum wrote:You need to go back to India Zubber and start with the massive problems you have there with poverty. It's disgraceful the way some of your people have to live. Where do you lot spend all the money you are give in hand outs?

Many moons ago I posted this link ->http://www.transparency.org/policy_research/surveys_indices/cpi/2010/results

which is the the worldwide corruption index , India is quite high actually , Moreover discussing the mechanics of corruption is a very tedious and taxing process , However most of it can be easily understood and hence I wont go into its details ,

The fundamental law to understand is that the amount of problems is directly proportional to the number of people,

India is in the billions , and the microscopic middle eastern nations are in the millions , do the math :)
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Yes I support democracy in ME, I know it won’t happen in very close future, but I believe it will happen soon enough. But I don’t think this democracy will lead to attacks to Israel. At least in Iran, the new movements are not against Israel.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk