Suicide Bomber Targets Embassy In Mauritania

Topic locked
Suicide bomber targets embassy in Mauritania Aug 09, 2009
From Al Jazeera:

Two people have been injured in a suicide attack outside the French embassy in the Mauritanian capital of Nouakchott, officials have said.

Police said the bomber, a young man, detonated his explosive belt near the wall of the embassy on Saturday evening.

Two French security employees, who were jogging nearby, were injured and taken to hospital after the blast.

"The Westerners are in hospital but their lives are not in danger," a police official said.

The attack comes three days after Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz, who staged an internationally condemned coup a year ago, took office as president in the former French colony.

In recent years, armed groups have carried out a number of attacks in the country.

Last month a judge charged three men for the murder of a US aid worker, killed in Nouakchott.

The men were said to be connected to al-Qaeda.

The group claimed responsibility for the murder, saying it was in retaliation for US military operations in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

In 2008, 12 Mauritanian soldiers patrolling north of the capital were ambushed and shot dead by suspected al-Qaeda fighters.

Thankfully no non-Muslims were killed in the attack.

It is only a matter of time before terrorists manage to inflict serious casualties (again).

:(

freefromrats
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 09, 2009
When will all this end? :(
MethoD
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Suicide bomber targets embassy in Mauritania Aug 10, 2009
freefromrats wrote:Thankfully no non-Muslims were killed in the attack.

What does that mean?! If Muslims were killed it would have been OK?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:

It reminds me some ad in Dubai's local media. They collected money to the orphans after civil war in Nigeria.
The main sentence that probably should've encouraged donators was: "We assure you that all orphans, who will receive your money, are Muslims!"

Although I'm rather sensitive to that matter I gave nada.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Red Chief wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

It reminds me some ad in Dubai's local media. They collected money to the orphans after civil war in Nigeria.
The main sentence that probably should've encouraged donators was: "We assure you that all orphans, who will receive your money, are Muslims!"

Although I'm rather sensitive to that matter I gave nada.

Hey Chief, back to Dubai? How was Siberia? :wink:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:Hey Chief, back to Dubai? How was Siberia? :wink:

To be frank I have no idea. I've never been there. :) Why are you asking? Do you want to visit Chukotka (opposite to Alaska) at expense of Russian Gov.? :roll:

I'm still in Moscow enjoying perfect weather 24C. :)
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Red Chief wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:Hey Chief, back to Dubai? How was Siberia? :wink:

To be frank I have no idea. I've never been there. :) Why are you asking? Do you want to visit Chukotka (opposite to Alaska) at expense of Russian Gov.? :roll:

I'm still in Moscow enjoying perfect weather 24C. :)

I would take you up on your offer, but I fear that I would not be allowed to cross back over to the land of the free. I would certainly want to go back through Alaska to tell Sarah that I was able to see Alaska from where I was!!! :wink: I think she was under the impression that she could see Russia, but Russia couldn't see her. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:I would take you up on your offer, but I fear that I would not be allowed to cross back over to the land of the free. I would certainly want to go back through Alaska to tell Sarah that I was able to see Alaska from where I was!!! :wink: I think she was under the impression that she could see Russia, but Russia couldn't see her. :lol:

Don't worry, Mr. Clinton will help you to return back soon. Otherwise Russian Gov. will support you with full board and upper deck of 3 storey bed for 7 years, I think. :wink:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 10, 2009
MethoD wrote:When will all this end? :(

Until:

He it is Who hath sent His messenger with the guidance and the religion of truth, that He may make it conqueror of all religion however much idolaters may be averse.

Muslims are told to fight, wage war and inflict terror against unbelievers:

We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve because they ascribe unto Allah partners, for which no warrant hath been revealed. Their habitation is the Fire, and hapless the abode of the wrong-doers.

Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty (unto Him).

And fight them until sedition, idolatry, is, exists, no more and religion is all for God, alone, none other being worshipped; then if they desist, from unbelief, surely God sees what they do, and will requite them for it.

In the meantime, Muslim jihad fighters (mujihadeen, such as this suicide bomber, are promised a straight trip to paradise for killing and dying whilst fighting non-Muslims:

Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain: a promise binding on Him in truth, through the Law, the Gospel, and the Qur'an: and who is more faithful to his covenant than Allah? then rejoice in the bargain which ye have concluded: that is the achievement supreme.

Unfortunately, non-Muslims face a long war ahead of them if they are to survive...
freefromrats
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 10, 2009
freefromrats wrote:
MethoD wrote:When will all this end? :(

Until:

He it is Who hath sent His messenger with the guidance and the religion of truth, that He may make it conqueror of all religion however much idolaters may be averse.

Muslims are told to fight, wage war and inflict terror against unbelievers:

We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve because they ascribe unto Allah partners, for which no warrant hath been revealed. Their habitation is the Fire, and hapless the abode of the wrong-doers.

Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty (unto Him).

And fight them until sedition, idolatry, is, exists, no more and religion is all for God, alone, none other being worshipped; then if they desist, from unbelief, surely God sees what they do, and will requite them for it.

In the meantime, Muslim jihad fighters (mujihadeen, such as this suicide bomber, are promised a straight trip to paradise for killing and dying whilst fighting non-Muslims:

Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain: a promise binding on Him in truth, through the Law, the Gospel, and the Qur'an: and who is more faithful to his covenant than Allah? then rejoice in the bargain which ye have concluded: that is the achievement supreme.

Unfortunately, non-Muslims face a long war ahead of them if they are to survive...

lol you are good at copying and pasting. but why dont u paste the whole of the passage instead of just pasting bits from here and there so that it serves your purpose. which is anti-islam rite?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 10, 2009
lol you are good at copying and pasting. but why dont u paste the whole of the passage instead of just pasting bits from here and there so that it serves your purpose. which is anti-islam rite?

This is a public forum, so you are more than free to butt in and post the alleged context of these passages. I have tried and tried to find any surrounding verses from the passages cited which show that the passages which say to fight unprovoked wars does not actually mean to fight unprovoked wars against infidels.

Perhaps you are simply alleging that these passages were quoted out of context in the hopes that I would not challenge you or that someone might actually believe your assertion. By all means, please post the surrounding verses to the passages I have quoted and show that they do not actually mean what they clearly say.

Oh, and I am not aware of of only pasting the passages in parts. I thought they were posted in full, bit if they are not, then I thank you for pointing this out and I will be more than happy to re-post the passages in full.

In fact, rudeboy, I think you've brought up a few good points; namely that these seemingly violent and militant passages should be interpreted correctly since they seem to be saying that Muslims are to attack unbelievers - a serious command. If these verses really do not say any of this, then many innocent non-Muslims have been killed for nothing for over fourteen centuries of jihad warfare and many more hundreds of thousands of non-Muslims will be killed or enslaved in the future, as long as Muslims continue to follow ('misinterpret') these passages in the Quran.
freefromrats
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 10, 2009
freefromrats wrote:

This is a public forum, so you are more than free to butt in and post the alleged context of these passages. I have tried and tried to find any surrounding verses from the passages cited which show that the passages which say to fight unprovoked wars does not actually mean to fight unprovoked wars against infidels.

Perhaps you are simply alleging that these passages were quoted out of context in the hopes that I would not challenge you or that someone might actually believe your assertion. By all means, please post the surrounding verses to the passages I have quoted and show that they do not actually mean what they clearly say.

Oh, and I am not aware of of only pasting the passages in parts. I thought they were posted in full, bit if they are not, then I thank you for pointing this out and I will be more than happy to re-post the passages in full.

In fact, rudeboy, I think you've brought up a few good points; namely that these seemingly violent and militant passages should be interpreted correctly since they seem to be saying that Muslims are to attack unbelievers - a serious command. If these verses really do not say any of this, then many innocent non-Muslims have been killed for nothing for over fourteen centuries of jihad warfare and many more hundreds of thousands of non-Muslims will be killed or enslaved in the future, as long as Muslims continue to follow ('misinterpret') these passages in the Quran.

Looks like we have our own Salman Rushdie in the house. Salman do me a favour, when you quote and if you do quote from the Quran I suggest you quote the verse number too. That way I can tell whether you are quoting from the quran or some fake book published by the jews. :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 10, 2009
"He it is Who hath sent His messenger with the guidance and the religion of truth, that He may make it conqueror of all religion however much idolaters may be averse" is not the correct translation of surah 61:9.

Rats I will not argue with you because you are a waste of time and energy. Your agenda is clear. you hate ISLAM. you are ANTI-Islam, thus you have copied and pasted things from ANTI-Islam websites instead of reading the Quran.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 11, 2009
PICKTHAL: He it is Who hath sent His messenger with the guidance and the religion of truth, that He may make it conqueror of all religion however much idolaters may be averse.

Actually, I can't post the link because I have less than 15 posts. It's from the USC.edu website with three different translations of the Quran on it.

You'll have to take that up with the translator. I don't know Arabic, so I have to use websites that offer translations of the Quran.

Anyways, I am more than happy to address your claims and I will start a new thread on the violent and militant passages in the Quran.
freefromrats
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 11, 2009
freefromrats wrote:PICKTHAL: He it is Who hath sent His messenger with the guidance and the religion of truth, that He may make it conqueror of all religion however much idolaters may be averse.

Actually, I can't post the link because I have less than 15 posts. It's from the USC.edu website with three different translations of the Quran on it.

You'll have to take that up with the translator. I don't know Arabic, so I have to use websites that offer translations of the Quran.

Anyways, I am more than happy to address your claims and I will start a new thread on the violent and militant passages in the Quran.

I would question USC.Edu website and their translation of the Quran. And they have only translated bits out of the quran which mostly relate to Jihad and I guess you can wonder why they have done this ;) If they were surely researching the Quran they would have research the whole of it rather then taking bits from here and there which serves their purpose.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 11, 2009
Jeepers, does no one have a sense of humour anymore

was I the only one that saw the irony in the opening line "two people injured in suicide bomb attack............"

What did he do, run upto the wall of the embassy and fart ?

:)
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 12, 2009
Religion is the cause of all this mess, wouldnt the world be a better place without it?
In my opinion all that religions teach you is to be good in life, i think you could do that without a religion...
MethoD
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 12, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
freefromrats wrote:PICKTHAL: He it is Who hath sent His messenger with the guidance and the religion of truth, that He may make it conqueror of all religion however much idolaters may be averse.

I would question USC.Edu website and their translation of the Quran. And they have only translated bits out of the quran which mostly relate to Jihad and I guess you can wonder why they have done this ;) If they were surely researching the Quran they would have research the whole of it rather then taking bits from here and there which serves their purpose.

That's nice that you are questioning the USC website, but the translation of the Koran by Pickthall can be found on many other websites (Muslims ones included) and they are all the same as the one hosted by the Muslim student association's website.
freefromrats
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 12, 2009
freefromrats wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

That's nice that you are questioning the USC website, but the translation of the Koran by Pickthall can be found on many other websites (Muslims ones included) and they are all the same as the one hosted by the Muslim student association's website.

sorry i was confusing USC with another educational website.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 12, 2009
viking-warrior wrote:Jeepers, does no one have a sense of humour anymore

was I the only one that saw the irony in the opening line "two people injured in suicide bomb attack............"

:lol: :lol: and farted? hilarious :lol:
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 12, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
viking-warrior wrote:Jeepers, does no one have a sense of humour anymore

:lol: :lol: and farted? hilarious :lol:

Hahahaha I spat my tea all over the keyboard - classic!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 12, 2009
MethoD wrote:Religion is the cause of all this mess, wouldnt the world be a better place without it?
In my opinion all that religions teach you is to be good in life, i think you could do that without a religion...

Ur wrong...the core of religion is afterlife....You need to be good in this life so that on the day of judgement ur not cursed to purgotary or sometin like that....

If religion was only simplistic virtue about being good on earth than it would'nt have lasted so long......in doctrine religion is essentially triumph over death, that's the promise, that's the lure!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk