Mr Spock: 2 State Solution Logical

Topic locked
Mr Spock: 2 state solution logical Jun 08, 2011
I can't argue with 'Mr Spock's' logic! ;)

It's only logical: Mr. Spock supports two-state solution for Mideast peace

by Haaretz Service

Leonard Nimoy.

Jewish-American actor Leonard Nimony, noted for his portrayal of Mr. Spock in the TV classic Star Trek, has urged Israelis and Palestinians to reach a peace agreement based on the two-state solution, warning Americans against the continued and direct effect recent Mideast turmoil could have on their daily lives.

.."

"It's known as the two-state solution--a secure, democratic Israel as the Jewish State alongside an independent Palestinian state," the noted American actor said, adding that even Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, whom he calls "nationalistic," has come "to see this as the shape of the future."

In his support of the two-state solution, Nimoy also addresses Israel's refusal to negotiate with a Palestinian unity cabinet that would include Hamas, saying: "We cannot know yet what this unification of Hamas with Fatah means and we have to wait and see what emerges."

"Regardless, the principle of establishing two independent states, one Jewish and the other Palestinian, is still critical in this region for both Israel and the Palestinian people. That is the goal, to support the rational and moderate course," he added.

Referring to a peace push by a group of several leading former Israeli security establishment officials, Nimoy describes the plan as including "a Palestinian state alongside Israel with agreed-upon land swaps."

"The Palestinian-populated areas of Jerusalem would become the capital of Palestine; the Jewish-populated areas the capital of Israel," the Jewish-American actor added.
"I'm a strong supporter of APN and the work it does. It is a leading voice for Americans who support Israel and know that a negotiated peace will ensure Israel's security, prosperity and continued viability as a Jewish and democratic state."

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/it- ... e-1.366474

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Mr Spock: 2 state solution logical Jun 08, 2011
Makes perfect sense to me too, but I'm sure I've read this suggestion somewhere before...where was it now?

:idea: I remember! it was the United Nations General Assembly Resolution 181 democtatically passed on November 29, 1947 for the partition of Palestine into Jewish and Arab states, with Jerusalem to be an internationalised city.!

So I wonder what went wrong for the original idea to fail?

Well it was the Arab League and Palestinian institutions who didn't like the democratic solution, and formed volunteer armies (Terrorist Groups) that infiltrated Palestine beginning in December of 1947.

So...nothing has changed then, same plan, same opposition?

:lol: :lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Different plan, different opposition I'd say.

The original plan had Israel taking up 55% of pre-1947 Palestine, the current plan has Israel keeping 78% of the pre-1947 Palestine. The non-Israel part of Palestine was therefore 45% and is now only 22%.

In 1947 the Arabs objected, now it is the Israelis who want to keep some of the 22% land left for Palestine.

Interesting to note that Likud's constitution apparently lays claim to land that falls in Jordan as part of 'Eretz Israel'... which sort of explains some of the Israeli opposition.

But as for Mr Spock - his logic is impeccable. I'm glad we agree on that. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dillon wrote:
Well it was the Arab League and Palestinian institutions who didn't like the democratic solution, and formed volunteer armies (Terrorist Groups) that infiltrated Palestine beginning in December of 1947.

Democratic solution?
Can Japanese people vote from Japan on behalf of the American citizens, to elect a president for the USA?

The core of the problem is that you think tearing a nation apart from its own land and just give it to another bastard compilation of unwanted Jewish garbage is a democratic solution. Why would there ever be voting on a whole nation's destiny by intruders?
Why didn't any of the lame UN members back then volunteered to donate a piece of their own land to dump this garbage? UK is a big country compared to Palestine, and so is the USA.

Such vote was invalid by all means.
Anyhow, peace was never an option, & both sides believe in the Harmageddon, so relax and enjoy the show.
8)
symmetric
BANNED

Same plan different distribution, same opposition as clearly demonstrated above^^^

Dillon

Re: Mr Spock: 2 State Solution Logical Jun 08, 2011
How old are you by the way? :D
symmetric
BANNED

:)

The last time I looked, Sym wasn't Palestinian - and as for the partition of Palestine being 'democratic' - that's a bit of a stretch of the imagination... but hardly worth taking the bait (take note Sym)

Mr Spock and his logic is unassailable. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mr. Spock forgot the Prime Directive. Thats illogical.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Shafique, I'm a Persian, from the Iranic race with huge pride 8)

I believe in justice, and inspired by the Persian king Khosrau (Anooshiravan the Just) for his reputation as an enlightened and just king.
symmetric
BANNED

Symm isn't a Palestinian, but apparently and rather alarmingly, he shares the same views as the Palestinians! And how dare you call the UN an undemocratic organisation :shock:

symmetric wrote:How old are you by the way? :D

I’m in my mid 50’s ‘Too old to Rock and Roll and too young to die’ as Ian Anderson declared.

Dillon

Dillon wrote:Symm isn't a Palestinian, but apparently and rather alarmingly, he shares the same views as the Palestinians! And how dare you call the UN an undemocratic organisation :shock:

The view is very regular and common among all Middle Easterns and Muslim World nations.
And again, you already know it, but scared to admitt it :shock:

Dillon wrote:I’m in my mid 50’s ‘Too old to Rock and Roll and too young to die’ as Ian Anderson declared.

Make sure you make it for 2 more decades, and don't loose contact with me, perhaps we can share the result of our expectations of the regional conflicts in a coffee house, or even better at my place ;)

Although I'm not into western music, but surely the Corrs were my favourite Western band!
symmetric
BANNED

Make sure you make it for 2 more decades, and don't loose contact with me, perhaps we can share the result of our expectations of the regional conflicts in a coffee house, or even better at my place
can I join 8) ...
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

:) Sym, I'm not Palestinian either. ;)

Dillon - I admire your spin and chutzpah. I guess by extension the annual UN resolutions against Israel's occupation are equally democratic... which brings us back to Mr Spock's conclusions, not only is it logical, it is democratic too! ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:Dillon - I admire your spin and chutzpah. I guess by extension the annual UN resolutions against Israel's occupation are equally democratic... which brings us back to Mr Spock's conclusions, not only is it logical, it is democratic too! ;)

Cheers,
Shafique

Resorting to your labels again Shaf attempting to discredit the author? :lol: Spin and Chutzpah? labels I don't recognise my friend, I deal in fact and ALL the resolutions published by the UN are arrived at democratically, Spock's conclusions are still no different to Resolution 181, which I have already stated I agree with wholeheartedly.

:wink:
Dillon

Mahmoud04 wrote:
Make sure you make it for 2 more decades, and don't loose contact with me, perhaps we can share the result of our expectations of the regional conflicts in a coffee house, or even better at my place
can I join 8) ...

Akeeed ya Mahmoood!
We'll invite Shafique instead of Dillon who'll be busy volunteering in the Israeli army saving them from their fatal end 8)
symmetric
BANNED

So much hatred - really unnecessary., Hey Symm, shall we send the Spartans in to kick your butts again? I wasn't aware 'Persia' existed anymore!

Given the fact that you're 'Iranian' your views don't surprise in the slightest, seeing as every Iranian I've ever met has preconceived and hateful ideals, without ever having met a Jew!

As Spock would say 'Live long and prosper' NOT 'Resistance is futile!'
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

symmetric wrote:
Mahmoud04 wrote:
can I join 8) ...

Akeeed ya Mahmoood!
We'll invite Shafique instead of Dillon who'll be busy volunteering in the Israeli army saving them from their fatal end 8)

Rescinding an invitation? An insult of the highest order! I don’t know how my sense of self worth will ever recover from this!

Dillon

I'd go and have a pint in celebration lol
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:So much hatred - really unnecessary., Hey Symm, shall we send the Spartans in to kick your butts again? I wasn't aware 'Persia' existed anymore!

Given the fact that you're 'Iranian' your views don't surprise in the slightest, seeing as every Iranian I've ever met has preconceived and hateful ideals, without ever having met a Jew!

As Spock would say 'Live long and prosper' NOT 'Resistance is futile!'

Don't make a fool out of yourself Chocs lol, Keep the hollywood fiction for yourself.
Persia/Iran's civilization is way bigger than your barbaric westernn jungle 8)

The middle east is the hub of all civilization, Sumerians, Assyrians, Egyptions, Persians, Arabs, its has so dramatically influenced your poor western world in all aspects. You lack knowledge in history, so I won't bother lecturing you.

You think you know us? You don't have any clue how we really think in our own Middle Eastern world.
We don't care what you think, nor we asked for your opinion. If you still fail to understand our anger, such as the one-million man protest of the egyption youth calling for the destruction of Israel, then you're either idiot or just acting dumb.

You complain about having some demanding Muslims in UK, and can't help not expressing your hatred to it.
Over here, we're in continuous war, so we're free to wish to wipe out all those filthy Israeli criminals, and whether it happens today or tomorrow, I assure you it'll happen, and you'll need to shut the fck up.
symmetric
BANNED

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk