SPECIAL AMERICAN FREE PRESS ON THE SARAH PALIN PHENOMENON

Topic locked
SPECIAL AMERICAN FREE PRESS ON THE SARAH PALIN PHENOMENON Oct 09, 2010
http://www.americanfreepress.net/Supple ... Insert.pdf

Edited for excessive cut and paste, when link will suffice.

gadfly
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: SPECIAL AMERICAN FREE PRESS ON THE SARAH PALIN PHENOMENO Oct 09, 2010
gadfly, a word of advice - young event horizon does not read long posts, you'll confuse him if you continue to cut and paste long articles like the one above.

Far better for you to PM him and engage him in a discussion.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: SPECIAL AMERICAN FREE PRESS ON THE SARAH PALIN PHENOMENO Oct 10, 2010
If they want to reach the type of Americans that can appreciate Sarah Palin someone should write a book with stick figures and no word longer than 5 letters. Call it "See Sarah Run".
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

shafique wrote:gadfly, a word of advice - young event horizon does not read long posts, you'll confuse him if you continue to cut and paste long articles like the one above.

Far better for you to PM him and engage him in a discussion.

Cheers,
Shafique

I dnt knw Shaf, I think they're actually on the same page. I read the document, alrit alrit I skimmed through it and what it really leads to is Gadfly's strong Anti-Jewish stand. That's it! It doesn't really criticize her in any way. It just poses questions regarding her supposed financial supporters. Don't be surprised if tomm. Gadfly posts a similar article about Obama.

All said and done is does paint a relevant picture of how the American lobbying system actually works and how it it can be destructive to American interests. Sometin Glen Beck has been rather vocal about, but the article doesn't spare him either. Owing entirely to the fact that the trail leads to Murdoch who I guess is someone Gadfly detests with a passion.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

MCL - I have to be honest, I didn't read the text of the article posted (and deleted by the mod, leaving just the link - good job there). I may do now that there's just a link and your comments above.

What you say is echoed by Noam Chomsky who argues that there isn't really a true democracy in the US. The ruling elite (more big business interests than Jewish lobby) ensures that only a narrow range of opinions makes it through to power - and that the actual policies that can be enacted are even narrower. He makes a good argument and thus far, I can't find any real examples to disprove Chomsky. Obama had promise, but hasn't (yet) lived up to them in any real way.

I mean, as a European, the health care bill seems such a weird 'victory', when compared to our much derided National Health Service in the UK.

Anyway, I'll find some time to read the piece about Palin.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I'm not sure if someone who doesn't know the basics of the American constitution - incorrectly claiming that the First Amendment does not protect 'hate speech' - should be pontificating on the American system of government.

On the other hand, that you cite Chomsky and your 'research' into this matter seems to come from one source, I would say this is an excellent example of how Chomsky misleads or simply does not know what he is talking about - you would be exhibit A of someone who has drunk the kool-aid.

But on a more serious note, of course the United States is not a democracy. This is not exactly a secret, since the US constitution never claims that the United States is a democracy. The US is a republic.

But thank you for that 'duh' statement.

Perhaps you can get back to pontificating on the New Testament by quoting Jesus' comments from the book of Revelation - or the book of Revelations (sic) according to O Wise One ?

and that the actual policies that can be enacted are even narrower.

Err, that actually has more to do with the mostly moderate political views of most Americans.

Left leaning or Right leaning politicians are unable to effectively change or tilt the United States in any direction because their party must make accommodations (ie., dilute the message of the far Right or Left) if they want the moderates in their party to vote for them in the next election.

That incorrectly leads most Americans to believe that their system doesn't work when, in fact, it is the moderates who prevent any far and sudden shift in policy changes. The moderate majority acts as an inertia to politicians who would want to dramatically change a certain facet of federal, state or local government.
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Well thats what Americans would like to believe or what the founding fathers wanted, but in reality its a oligarchy. Didn't we already cover this ?
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk