Saudi Justice

Topic locked
Saudi Justice Aug 23, 2010
Probably unlikely to make it to the pages of JihadWatch, or the media in the West - so I thought I'd give a recent report of mercy in the Saudi justice system.

The quality of mercy is not strain'd..

Pardon by victim’s father saves Saudi from gallows
The drunk man had jumped the light and killed a motorist

By Staff
Published Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The drunk man had jumped the light and killed another Saudi motorist. (SUPPLIED)

A Saudi court annulled a death sentence against a drunk driver who had jumped the light and killed another Saudi after he was pardoned by the victim’s father, a newspaper reported on Wednesday.

The defendant was accused of drunk driving and speeding after he jumped the light in Jeddah and rammed into a parked car, killing its driver, Okaz reported.

An initial court sentenced him to 80 lashes and ordered him to pay blood money but an appeal court found him guilty of homicide and sentenced him to death.

The man has spent nearly two years in jail waiting for the death verdict to be executed before the court abolished the sentence this week.

“The court decided to reduce the sentence to lashing and payment of blood money after the victim’s father retracted his demand to execute the killer of his son to mark the holy month of Ramadan. The court will reconvene after Eid Al Fitr for the necessary procedures,” the paper said.

http://www.emirates247.com/news/region/pardon-by-victim-s-father-saves-saudi-from-gallows-2010-08-18-1.280737

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Saudi Justice Aug 24, 2010
LoL.

I love how there is some conspiracy theory lurking behind every story.

The Western media must not have reported this (supposedly) because of 'Islamophobia'.

Yeah, I'm sure the media instead dutifully reports every time a drunk driver kills someone behind the wheel and a liberal judge gives the murderer a slap on the wrist.

As far as the ruling of Qisas where the Saudi court sentenced a man to be paralyzed, you're not actually saying the media wouldn't have reported on the case any less if the judge who sentenced him was American or British ?

As for media bias, a stronger case could be made that Western media sensationalizes stories coming out of Israel. One need only to follow this forum to see that the loons were on top of recent stories, from Western sources, about the Jews like flies on poop.

But hey, the rant-'n-rave blogs would have less to huff and puff about if they couldn't clip news stories confirming to their world view of a fascist West and Nazi Israel oppressing poor Muslim victims throughout the world.

I mean, it's not like I could post story after story of real incidents of bigotry and hatred perpetrated against non-Muslims and not-Muslim-enough people throughout the Muslim world this past week alone.
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Saudi Justice Aug 24, 2010
Loon projection and fantasies rears its head again. :)

It is funny how predictable the loon reaction will be.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk