Poll: Arabs Split Between Supporting, Opposing 9/11 Attacks

Topic locked
Poll: Arabs split between supporting, opposing 9/11 attacks Sep 13, 2011
The poll was originally done by al-Arabiya.

Those who were in the Muslim world on the day of the attacks can attest to the fact that many Muslims supported the atrocities:

viking-warrior wrote:The absence of the "stories" that you refer to say more about self censorship and editorial fear than actual events. I was in and around Malaysia and Indonesia on 9/11 2001 and need no reminding of cheering crowds thanks very much.

More than one-third of Arabs justify the 9/11 attacks, and only 23 percent believe Al Qaeda was behind the aerial suicide bombings.

The survey included 220,000 Arabs and was carried out by the Al-Arabia television channel in Dubai and a British research institute.

Thirty-six percent of the respondents justified the attacks, but only 38 percent took the opposite view, leaving another 16 percent undecided or with no opinion.

Only 23 percent believe that Al Qaeda was behind the attacks*, while a large number – 26 percent – think that the terrorist organization did not plan and carry out the hijack-bombings....

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/147784

Original story:

http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2011/ ... 66448.html

* Muslims, of course, believe in the anti-Semitic conspiracy theories that the Israelis/Jews/Zionists were behind the attacks and that Jewish workers at the WTC did not show up on the day of the attacks. Meaning, thousands of Jewish Americans are accessories to 9/11 and that American Jews are part of some secret cabal.

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Poll: Arabs split between supporting, opposing 9/11 atta Sep 13, 2011
Thanks for providing the links eh.

Could you also look up the % of Americans who believe that 9/11 is an inside job?

Interestingly 77% of those polled don't believe Al Qaeda was behind the attack, but less than half of these believe the terrorist act was justified. So the majority polled thought the attack was not justified.

But the quote from Viking was in response to a point I made, which is still valid:

shafique wrote:I think that this one picture speaks volumes - where are the cheering crowds of Muslims celebrating 9/11around the world like the WBC lot? The absence of these stories/pictures tells the real story. Think about it.

dubai-chat/words-comment-required-t47382.html

Thus far, I've only read/heard about one group in the USA demonstrating in favour of 9/11 this year - that is the Christian Westboro Baptist lot, and the handful of 'Andy Choudary's' crowd in the UK.

Have you (or the loon bloggers you read) uncovered any more than this one Christian and one Muslim demos?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

So the majority polled thought the attack was not justified.

38% - not a majority - believed the attacks were unjustified, if you read the quotes or thread title. 16% were undecided or had no opinion.

I think that this one picture speaks volumes - where are the cheering crowds of Muslims celebrating 9/11around the world like the WBC lot? The absence of these stories/pictures tells the real story. Think about it.

Where are the Muslims protesting against the so-called 'AC followers' like there are against the WBC protesters?

and the handful of 'Andy Choudary's' crowd in the UK.

Please, hundreds of British Muslims came out to mourn the killing of Osama bin Laden. Unlike the WBC, these Muslims weren't from one cult church (or mosque) that is a complete anomaly from the rest of the churches/mosques.

And again, there were no Muslim counter demonstrators. And again, the EDL came to counter protest against Muslim fanatics.
event horizon

Re: Poll: Arabs Split Between Supporting, Opposing 9/11 Atta Sep 13, 2011
'Thirty six percent thought the attacks were justified' - seems pretty clear to me. 77% thought that al qaeda was not responsible.

What is the % of Americans who think 9/11 was an inside job? Is therefore the US opinion split on who did the attack?

So, I guess the answer is that your loon bloggers and you HAVEN'T found another demonstration other than the one US one by Christians and the one small one by Anjum. That speaks volumes. You can't spin this one eh - but good try.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Thirty six percent thought the attacks were justified' - seems pretty clear to me

38% opposed the attacks seems pretty clear to me.
event horizon

Re: Poll: Arabs Split Between Supporting, Opposing 9/11 Atta Sep 13, 2011
Ah, relying on snippets and not interested in the facts. Sigh.

So, what % of your fellow Americans think that Al Qaeda was not involved - or that it was an inside job?

Forty-two percent of Americans in a 2006 Zogby poll were critical of the official version of 9/11 events, believing the federal government and the 9/11 commission had “concealed or refused to investigate critical evidence that contradicts their official explanation of the September 11th attacks,” and that “there has been a cover-up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9/11_conspiracy_theories

Hmm - I guess I could start a thread entitled 'Poll: Americans split over whether Al Qaeda carried out 9/11 attacks' ;)
(And yes, I know the 42% isn't directly comparable - that is why I'm asking eh to provide the figure)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk