Plain Talking In Israel

Topic locked
Plain Talking in Israel Jul 15, 2011
Sometimes I wonder whether anyone really believes much of the far-out excuses that comes out of Israeli politicians - surely, I think, even most Israelis must roll their eyes at the double-talk.

I'm glad to see that I'm not alone.

A few examples to show to what extent the current coalition is based on bullsh.itting. Netanyahu keeps repeating that the world is attacking the legitimacy of Israel’s existence. He wants to create the impression that peace would neither bring security to Israel, nor end its international isolation.

As Shlomo Avineri has pointed out lately, this is blatantly false: except for Iran, Hamas, Hezbollah and the far fringes of the European and American Left nobody says that Israel’s existence is illegitimate. The overwhelming majority of the world simply wants Israel to end the occupation. No more; no less. Netanyahu bullshits, because it is in his interest to hide that his political survival depends on not confronting the ideological right in his own party and in his coalition; and that his ideology, and not the Free World, condemns Israel to ever-growing isolation.

He similarly bullsh.its Israeli citizens when he states flatly that the 1967 borders are indefensible, as if this was an established fact of nature.

http://www.haaretz.com/blogs/strenger-t ... t-1.373465

Bravo that man.. I couldn't have said it better.

Cheers,
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk