A Parent's Right Infringed Upon By Government

Topic locked
A parent's right infringed upon by government Oct 10, 2012
Not only is a parent prohibited from making a choice for their child's body for a harmless procedure, but the 11 child even consented and wanted to be tattooed in the first place.

The logic to me is that parents should have the right to tattoo their children. And why not?

'
NC Mother in trouble for tattooing 11-year old daughter

Looks like another parent is in trouble for inking their underage child. Thirty-year old Odessa Clay of North Carolina is in trouble for tattooing a heart on her 11-year old daughter. Sporting several tattoos herself, Clay administered the tattoo in her own home. Assuming that tattooing was on par with ear-piercing for young girls, she ignored that state law that prohibits minors having tattoos.

http://www.examiner.com/article/nc-moth ... d-daughter

rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: A Parent's Right Infringed Upon By Government Oct 10, 2012
I don't think parents should tattoo their children. That just seems wrong to me and I would support a law against it.
I was just watching a piece on Sky News about the Germans making circumcision against the law. According to the news, there are 10,000 Jews and 4 million Muslims in Germany who are all protesting but carrying on as normal.
They say the law of God comes before the law of the land.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: A Parent's Right Infringed Upon By Government Oct 10, 2012
It is a bit creepy. But I'd at least expect the posters supporting circumcision on infants to support the parent's right to tattoo their children.

It is at least 'logically consistent'. Unfortunately, illogical posters aren't even consistent in their illogic.
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk