Female Driver Who Defied Driving Ban Dies In Car Accident...

Topic locked
Female driver who defied driving ban dies in car accident... Jan 26, 2012
Interesting story. I posted on this before and this incident only reinforces what I wrote the last time:

Would people still think this would be cute if Saudi women were barred from performing surgeries and protested the law by sneaking into an ER and operating on someone? Err, no. That would be stupid.

Anyway, I hope these women don't end up crashing into or killing anyone over their antics.

These women aren't "heroines" IF they do not have the qualification and experience to drive in the first place.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1kT3IU3WW

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Female Driver Who Defied Driving Ban Dies In Car Acciden Jan 26, 2012
event horizon , No Manal didn't die! Go back and read the story again! The didn't actually name the dead or injured women. It's not very well written and you're not the first person to get it confused. Manal wasn't even driving this car.

Plus you're making a huge assumption that these women don't know how to drive, many of them hold licenses from other countries.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Female Driver Who Defied Driving Ban Dies In Car Acciden Jan 26, 2012
What are you on about Chocs? EH isn't saying she did die, he's just posting the newspaper article about the crash.
He isn't assuming the ladies don't have driving qualifications, he said 'IF' they do not have the qualifications and experience to drive, then they shouldn't. He has a point.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk