EDL Thug Jailed For 9 Years For Racist Attack

Topic locked
EDL thug jailed for 9 years for Racist attack Jul 08, 2012
It looks like the British justice system is doing its job well - taking British numpties off the streets - be it those supporting the EDL or those who want to attack them physically.

These British thugs are being locked up by British policemen and judges. If the anti-Muslims of the banned gang had their way - we'd be judging all the British on the actions of the EDL thugs who are going to jail... ;)

However, it is only bigots who judge the majority for the actions of the minority. See the thread on how to spot an Islamophobic argument for an example, and some sad attempts to project that same view onto others who don't share their prejudices.

EDL thug gets 9 years in prison for racist attack on neighbours
Daniel Smith (left) with fellow EDL members

A man who wielded knives, broke down his neighbours’ front door and threatened to kill them, has been jailed.
Leeds Crown Court heard how Daniel Smith had 167 previous convictions before he was locked up for 10 further offences today.

.. on August 26 last year, Smith hurled racist abuse at a family living near him in Victoria Road, Thornhill Lees. He attacked their front door with a knife and eventually broke it down. When inside the house, he threatened to kill the occupants before he was forced back outside.

Sentencing, Judge Guy Kearl QC, said: “They were very real threats, the victims believed, being confronted in their house by a man who they believed was going to kill them.”

Smith was sentenced to nine years in prison and given a restraining order banning him from having any contact with family or entering Victoria Road.

http://www.loonwatch.com/2012/07/edl-th ... eighbours/

Cheers,
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: EDL thug jailed for 9 years for Racist attack Jul 08, 2012
^Your failure to comment on the EDL numpty in your post above is disappointing, but not surprising. Please try and keep on topic in future. ;)

Your obsession with my posts is quite creepy. I'm having visions of another banned member who used to stalk me. ;)

But please read the opening sentence of my initial post - I congratulated the police on taking those wishing to attack EDL thugs off the street too.

I have consistently welcomed all arrests of actual and wannabe terrorists - and have made the point that we should thank God that they aren't as successful as the other British terrorists who actually made out 99 viable bombs... and I fear it is only a matter of time before a few of these criminals actually succeed.

The difference between normal posters and the banned gang is that the former will condemn all terrorists regardless of skin colour or religion, whilst the latter want to blame a whole community for the actions of a minority.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: EDL Thug Jailed For 9 Years For Racist Attack Jul 08, 2012
I was pretty precise with what I wrote. I condemn all terrorists and all thugs and criminals - regardless of skin colour or religion. I contrasted this 'normal' view with those of the banned gang who include members who make excuses for some terrorists and refuse to condemn others.

I've not said the EDL are terrorists - just numpty thugs from the shallow end of the gene-pool. So, I'm not asking you to condemn them for being terrorists. When one does commit a terrorist act, then we can condemn them for that. I've also not said that they aren't British either - they just happen to be the dregs of British society and are just as bad as those who choose to use violence to oppose them.

So, at least we can agree that the EDL aren't terrorists and that it appears we both congratulate the British police for tackling those British criminals using or wanting to use violence against others.

As for stalking - I'm just noting that you tend to avoid the topic when replying to my posts and seem to be obsessed with me in other threads where I haven't posted. Perhaps now I've called you out on it, you'll engage in discussion and stay on topic. That is indeed what forums are for, after all. (And no need to try and prove me wrong - just continue to discuss issues and views and keep on topic)

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I was pretty precise with what I wrote. I condemn all terrorists and all thugs and criminals - regardless of skin colour or religion. I contrasted this 'normal' view with those of the banned gang (who include members who make excuses for some terrorists and refuse to condemn others) and who try to blame all in one community for the actions of a few.

I've not said the EDL are terrorists - just numpty thugs from the shallow end of the gene-pool. So, I'm not asking you to condemn them for being terrorists. When one does commit a terrorist act, then we can condemn them for that. I've also not said that they aren't British either - they just happen to be the dregs of British society and are just as bad as those who choose to use violence to oppose them.

So, at least we can agree that the EDL aren't terrorists and that it appears we both congratulate the British police for tackling those British criminals using or wanting to use violence against others.

As for stalking - I'm just noting that you tend to avoid the topic when replying to my posts and seem to be obsessed with me in other threads where I haven't posted. Perhaps now I've called you out on it, you'll engage in discussion and stay on topic. That is indeed what forums are for, after all. (And no need to try and prove me wrong - just continue to discuss issues and views and keep on topic)

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

European wrote:So you continue to claim that the EDL are from the shallow end of the gene pool. On what do you basis this assumption?

Well, there's the 'Muslamic Rayguns' young man, the various threads on EDL failures over the past few months, the sterling performance their leader has done on Newsnight etc - and heck even the fact that Pamela Geller and Bob Spencer even saw fit to disown them last year, forcing them to issue a note stating that they weren't (after all) anti-Semitic etc.

See Drewpeacock's thread for example:

dubai-chat/now-this-educated-gentleman-t48294.html

This about their paranoia about creeping sharia and how normal people laughed at them:

dubai-politics-talk/edl-laughing-stock-t50198.html

etc etc

But mostly because they choose to believe myths about Muslims that are easily dispelled and are in fact dismissed by most of the British population who aren't xenophobic and racist.

But they are indeed thugs, and fascist thugs at that, a judge branded a gang of them as 'animals' recently:

dubai-politics-talk/edl-thugs-jailed-branded-pack-wild-animals-t51171.html

Even the police have accused them of fuelling Islamic extremism:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11787839

So, yes, I brand them from the shallow end of the gene pool and feel sorry for those who choose to support them.

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk