EDL - Fringe Group

Topic locked
EDL - fringe group Oct 17, 2012
A recent survey in Britain shows that the EDL are indeed a fringe, extremist group in the UK:

http://extremisproject.org/2012/10/the- ... ple-think/

It is interesting to note that the EDL supporters on this forum hype their importance and seem to be in denial that most people don't share their racist and Islamophobic views.

The survey results are quite clear, so I hope that there won't be the usual denials, whataboutery arguments etc. It is futile debating with supporters of the EDL - as they are just a fringe group of extremists.

Cheers,
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: EDL - Fringe Group Oct 17, 2012
shafique wrote:It is interesting to note that the EDL supporters on this forum hype their importance

Who are these supporters on DF?
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: EDL - fringe group Oct 17, 2012
Well, let's see - there is :
Bethsmum wrote:Im an EDL supporter

dubai-chat/immigrant-families-have-children-for-benefits-t47492-150.html#p388887

And there is event horizon (now Rayznack) started a thread on how the EDL were 'misunderstood':
dubai-politics-talk/edl-views-violence-and-racism-t42611.html

Ray has a number of other extremist views, and is obsessed with Muslims - so no wonder he supports the EDL:
philosophy-dubai/most-extreme-religous-fanatic-here-t41961.html

But given you're now 'reformed' - perhaps you'll join the rest of the majority of Brits who don't share the EDL racism and blind hatred of Muslims? If so, that would be a great step. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

It's wonderful that your memory has improved. It wasn't that long ago you had complete memory failure on a number of things. Well done.

I don't hate Muslims, I don't hate anyone (bar a certain one person). I think I've stated that on a number of occasions but you won't want to remember that, will you?

If I could be bothered, I'd link back to your, what I'd call, anti white, anti British posts, but I can't.

As for quoting Ray, well he once said you would throw Britain under the bus at a drop of a hat. On that, I would whole heartedly agree with him.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

shafique wrote: I hope that there won't be the usual denials, whataboutery arguments etc. It is futile debating with supporters of the EDL - as they are just a fringe group of extremists.

BM, thanks for proving my point. Denials and whataboutery delivered, as well as imagined posts by others. :roll: Your fantasies about other posters got you banned last time - try and remember that you're now supposed to be reformed.

I see that not much has really changed after all. I suggest you stick to less controversial subjects than the racist rants of your fellow EDL supporters and threads about how a small minority you lot are.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:I see that not much has really changed after all. I suggest you stick to less controversial subjects than the racist rants of your fellow EDL supporters and threads about how a small minority you lot are.

I don't recall repeating any racist rants made by the EDL.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: EDL - fringe group Oct 17, 2012
And there is event horizon (now Rayznack) started a thread on how the EDL were 'misunderstood':
dubai-politics-talk/edl-views-violence-and-racism-t42611.html

So starting a thread on misconceptions of a group means you're a supporter for the group?

According to your cosmic stupidity, doesn't that mean you're a supporter for Hamas, al-Qaeda and Muslim terrorists when you've started threads supposedly clearing up 'misconceptions'?

I would actually be interested in a response if I didn't know you're too primitive to articulate some sensible answer.

As for the report, I'd actually argue the overwhelming majority of the UK's population agree with the EDL's values, if not their methods.

Does the report actually list actual EDL values and ask respondents which they disagree with?
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk