Christians More Militant Than Muslims Says UK Equality Boss

Topic locked
Christians more militant than Muslims says UK equality boss Jun 19, 2011
The article has received universally negative reaction from what I can see in the comments section.

Of course some will interpret this as Christian militants (whatever that means in the UK) gathering up to badmouth the equality commissar Trevor Phillips.

Others of course will see this more obviously as the people on the street who are face-palming at the dumb comments made by Mr Phillips.

What's interesting is that he says of Christianity that 'old time religion' is incompatible with modern values - and singles out the official stance toward homosexuality by several Churches as an embodiment of Christianity's incompatibility and, apparently, militancy.

Strangely, Mr Phillips avoids Islam's official stance on homosexuality and bizarrely claims Muslims are (a) less militant and (b) trying harder than Christians to integrate with British secular values.

What's interesting is that an area known as Tower Hamlets is a no-go area for Homosexuals and fliers have been found calling for the murder of gays.

But according to Trevor Phillips, the Tower Hamlets must be a place where Christian fanatics are trying to install their version of Canon Law in place of British law.

Right.

As one commentator put it:

So,the hell associated with the security surounding air travel is down to Christian fundamentalism is it?
The constant threat of mass murder against the general public in England is down to the Christians is it?
Silly me thinking it was the muslims,thanks Trevor for putting me right

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religio ... -boss.html

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk