Mr Bean Is Upset

Topic locked
Mr Bean is upset Oct 19, 2012
I am not a big fan of him, but sympathize with him on this one.

The Blackadder and Mr Bean star criticised the ‘new intolerance’ behind controversial legislation which outlaws ‘insulting words and behaviour’.
Launching a fight for part of the Public Order Act to be repealed, he said it was having a ‘chilling effect on free expression and free protest’.
He went on: ‘The clear problem of the outlawing of insult is that too many things can be interpreted as such. Criticism, ridicule, sarcasm, merely stating an alternative point of view to the orthodoxy, can be interpreted as insult.’

Gay rights campaigners from the group Outrage! were arrested under the Act when they protested against the Islamist fundamentalist group, Hizb ut-Tahrir, which was calling for the killing of gays, Jews and unchaste women.

Former shadow home secretary David Davis, a leading campaigner for civil liberties, said: ‘The simple truth is that in a free society, there is no right not to be offended.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... viour.html

FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Mr Bean Is Upset Oct 19, 2012
I'm not a big fan of Mr Bean but he is very popular in Dubai, so Ive noticed.

Anyways....

In the same vein, an Englishman's home is no longer his castle, it would seem. A Christian couple ran a B&B from their home advertising a double bedroom to rent. It was booked by a man who then turned up with his boyfriend. The owner of the B&B refused to let them stay as they didn't want the two men to share a bed in their home. The owners were taken to Court as they hurt the gay couple's feelings and they have had to pay the gay couple £3600.
Last night the leader of the BNP and MEP, Nick Griffin tweeted about this case and is now being investigated by the Police. The comments have now been removed.

You have to be very careful about what you say in the UK.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

BMreformed wrote:The owners were taken to Court as they hurt the gay couple's feelings and they have had to pay the gay couple £3600.

This sort of thing is happening with some regularity these days, and I think it is unfair on the owners. That's something that would make my stomach churn if I were the owner!
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

Frequentflier wrote:This sort of thing is happening with some regularity these days, and I think it is unfair on the owners. That's something that would make my stomach churn if I were the owner!

Ive nothing against gay people myself but I wouldn't want my house used in that manner by paying guests.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Mr Bean Is Upset Oct 26, 2012

mr Beans Daughter , What a hottie :mrgreen:
zubbber
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Mr Bean Is Upset Oct 26, 2012
I am always a bit afraid to open your links. What is the link about?
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Mr Bean Is Upset Nov 08, 2012
I like Mr bean . He is a great artist . He can act in different roles .
So I think its his right to be upset as a man :)
But I hope he will overcome this soon .
Sara Chaudhry
ali12
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Mr Bean Is Upset Nov 09, 2012
ali12 wrote:I like Mr bean . He is a great artist . He can act in different roles .
So I think its his right to be upset as a man :)
But I hope he will overcome this soon .
Sara Chaudhry

Before and after for Mrs Chaudhry/Khan:

rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Mr Bean Is Upset Nov 09, 2012
What a difference. A burqa is dehumanizing.
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk