Web Story On The State Of IT In Dubai

Topic locked
Web Story on the state of IT in Dubai Apr 14, 2009
Hey guys, I'm doing some research on the state of IT (computer penetration rates, broadband plans, mobile broadband, etc.) among Emirati and foreigners staying in Dubai, just wondering if any one of you are open to sharing with me what broadband plans you're on, why you're on it, the types of 'geekiness' you're into (gadgets, hi-fi systems, big-screen TVs, torrenting, MKVs, etc.) etc. via a face-to-face meet-up or something?

PM me? Appreciate it.

siegeknife
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 15, 2009
hi there, anybody? :)

If you're too shy, just some links and statistics sent my way would also do fine. Thanks a mil!
siegeknife
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 15, 2009
waddaya wanna know
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Apr 16, 2009
ahamed wrote:waddaya wanna know

basically im visiting Dubai and would like to speak with someone who's an expert in the field of consumer electronics and broadband tech for my research.

keen to meet up?
siegeknife
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 16, 2009
We can all meet in a shisha place :D

And then you can pay the bill in the end, dont worry, not too expensive...

In return u get a table full of IT gurus.....
guest999

Apr 16, 2009
Not_Sure wrote:We can all meet in a shisha place :D

And then you can pay the bill in the end, dont worry, not too expensive...

In return u get a table full of IT gurus.....

woah...if u can let me know what you have in mind, at least i can sort of plan ahead.

btw, would you guys mind if i take photos and shoot videos to put up on my website? basically it's research for a feature story i'm doing for my online site.

i should be able to meet you guys at shisha place on april 20 next week (lunch period?) or april 21 (late morning). let me know how we can arrange this.
siegeknife
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 19, 2009
I guess the first thing to do would be confirm how many people would be attending:

Attendees as of now:
-Me
-My other Friend......
guest999

Re: Web Story on the state of IT in Dubai May 21, 2009
siegeknife wrote:Hey guys, I'm doing some research on the state of IT (computer penetration rates, broadband plans, mobile broadband, etc.) among Emirati and foreigners staying in Dubai, just wondering if any one of you are open to sharing with me what broadband plans you're on, why you're on it, the types of 'geekiness' you're into (gadgets, hi-fi systems, big-screen TVs, torrenting, MKVs, etc.) etc. via a face-to-face meet-up or something?

PM me? Appreciate it.

what do you mean exactly by (computer penetration rates)?
or do you mean inspectors and Forensics researches !
bonbonboi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk