Streaming Video In Dubai..?

Topic locked
Streaming video in Dubai..? Oct 21, 2008
Hi there,

Could someone tell me if there is any widespread trouble viewing streaming video content in Dubai? eg, youtube, msn video, etc.

My apologies if this post is very similar to flikr's recent post on his sites possibly being blocked, but i have to find out why our content is not streaming properly in dubai.

I am encoding online video to be viewed in Dubai, but many of our clients are having trouble viewing them.
I have tried uploading videos at various bitrates, which all play prefectly well in the UK, but do not seem to play in Dubai.

Can anyone shed some light, please?

thanks in advance...

Donny-

donny5150
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Oct 22, 2008
You need to give us more details, but essentially if the streaming host is not blocked the video should play. Youtube has no problem in the UAE, the videos work just fine but they block the age verification page, and hence any videos that require age verification...
bedro
Dubai forums Addict

Dubai Streaming Oct 22, 2008
Hello Donny,

It sounds like you are up to speed on how to stream and what it takes. I know that the end users pipe has a lot to do with them being able to view streams and maybe there connection is not powerful enough. I work for a global content delivery network by the name of Internap. I have a global test account that we could try using at no cost to see what the hangup might be. If you would like to to discuss this further you can contact me or email me. I am located in southern California so I am on pacific standard time.

Sean Eliot
714-549-5433
seliot(at)internap(dot)com
seaneliot13
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk