Skype, Emule And Online Gaming.

Topic locked
skype, emule and online gaming. Aug 22, 2006
Hi Folks,

moving to Dubai next week, I looked through this board to find information about the issues mentioned in the title.

I have already read that skype doesn't work anymore... I have a software that automatically connects to different proxies. Will it work with this?

Will emule/edonkey work with Etisalat? I didn't really find an concrete answer...

Can I play for example World Of Warcraft or other online games?

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

cRyotanK
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 23, 2006
Hi Cryotank, most P2P protocols work in the freezone (Dubai Internet City area) I am not sure about inside of Dubai direct since I don't reside there. Gnutelle and torrents all work fine for me. Yes Skype is now blocked and I am trying to go around it by using other proxies so I'll let you know how it goes.
tdot
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 23, 2006
tdot wrote:Hi Cryotank, most P2P protocols work in the freezone (Dubai Internet City area) I am not sure about inside of Dubai direct since I don't reside there. Gnutelle and torrents all work fine for me. Yes Skype is now blocked and I am trying to go around it by using other proxies so I'll let you know how it goes.

Cool, thanks for keeping us up to date!
cRyotanK
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 23, 2006
please dont post proxies in the open forum , do via "pm"

thanks

Mod
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 23, 2006
As for online gaming.

Yes it does work fine, but depends if there are any local WOW servers in dubai. Im not a WOW fan, but do play CS Source and BF2 online.
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Wow May 22, 2007
I am playing wow here in dubai for about 8 months now..im using european version of it. and its ok.. im in Anachronos server 8)
bulletdays
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk