mikehunt
BANNED

Re: Sci-fi Apartment May 16, 2012
mikehunt ,

Would that be bi-sexuality???
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Or just throwing the comment out there seeing somebody take it.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

The apartment was sold using eBay this year, a previous attempt to sell the apartment was in 2004 (not on eBay I dont' think) as per the article I posted on the first page. I haven't read anything about the apartment first being sold on eBay in 1997.

So what if the guy was in one of the Trekkies movies, and has tried to make a business for himself with his design skills - there is nothing suspicious or wrong about any of it. He clearly loves Star Trek, and judging by what he did with his apartment, is very skilled at that kind of design.

Why is it so inconceivable that he drew in bids with eBay and completed the actual sale of the apartment through proper legal channels?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Well in January 24, 2012, there was a rash of articles throughout the media outlets in the UK that a poor dejected Star Trek fan is being forced to demolish his creation and home by his ex-wife. Some of the less trusting point out that nobody is offering an explanation as to why it took 10 years for his ex to get around to doing this. The implication is that some journalists think this might just be a publicity stunt.

Kanelli doesn't believe the appartment is going to be demolished either, but she has her own theory. Kanelli is boldly claiming what no one has claimed before, that a younger version of himself had appeared in the present and sold the appartment on ebay. The basis for this claim was a single undated article on a site called the Metro.
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

blueshift, you are choosing to be a jerk about all of this. All I did was post about the cool design of the apartment, then when I found info that it had been supposedly sold, I reported that here too. I've got two links, one is to a dated BBC article (January 28, 2012) that says he and his ex are selling the place, or else it gets dismantled in August and the apartment is sold as a conventional apartment. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-le ... e-16772477 Then there is the undated Metro article that said it had been sold on eBay. http://www.metro.co.uk/news/49211-star- ... ld-on-ebay Maybe I have put the puzzle together wrong.

Look, I am not heavily invested in some guy's sci-fi apartment, and don't mind being corrected if I'm wrong. What I do mind is someone giving attitude, making claims, and providing no evidence to support those claims.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Maybe you had older siblings growing up who did similar things.

All I'm doing is reducing your rhetoric to absurdity. If a set of assertions, when taken to their logical conclusion form an absurdity, then one or more of the assertions is apparently wrong. This is a principle of rhetoric that goes back to ancient times.

I often tell my children things like, I'm sure your (shoe/toy/pencil) is here somewhere, you had it a minute ago and I'm sure it didn't grow legs and run away.
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

You made many assertions with nothing to back it up. You're not a very good teacher are you :lol:

Thanks for educating me... about what a jerk you are. :D Have a nice day blueshift.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

I could go on, but 'have a nice day' is clearly meant as a conversation ender as you are in no mood to continue this discussion.
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

The only way to clear this up is to inteview Alleyne about his motives and ask about his relationship with his ex, then check UK property records to see if and when the apartment was sold, to whom, and for how much. Anything short of that leaves more speculation, and I've got no interest in tangling with a pompous jerk on an internet forum over the subject.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

I may not be the most tactful person in the world, but I don't resort to name calling.

I'm not sure why you are clinging to the idea that he's not there any more. It's not like he sold it on ebay recently.
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Sci-fi Apartment May 17, 2012
Nucleus wrote:Or just throwing the comment out there seeing somebody take it.

Whatever it is you are implying sneaky Nucleus, the answer is no.
mikehunt
BANNED

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk