Nintendo Wii

Topic locked
Nintendo Wii Dec 12, 2006
Does anyone know when this will be available in Dubai, and if it already is the best place to buy it from.

Thanks!
H

Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 12, 2006
K
A
R
A
M
A
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 12, 2006
My flatmate bought it about two weeks ago here in Abu Dhabi.
Think it was from Madinat Zayed shopping center.
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 12, 2006
great! christmas present sorted!

Thanks!
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 12, 2006
ineedacoolnick, do you know how much your flatmate paid? dont want to get shafted.
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 12, 2006
woah nelly! just called up Geekay (i think that is what it is called) to get a price benchmark and they are selling the Wii for AED2500 - sheesh.

They are supposed to be about US250 in the states, and in Aus they are about AU$300-400.

Man how are they justifying that it is more than double anywhere else!

Not bought any gaming consoles here before is this the norm? or did i just call the wrong shop!?!
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 12, 2006
DOn't buy anything from here period. They think that NTSC and labelling US consoles as "imports" justifies putting crazy price tags. You know how much the 60Gb Playstation 3 costs? 4200 Dirhams. That's over $1000 for your information. :lol:

I was laughing my ass off when I saw it at some shop in Mall of Emirates and a salesman actually joined me in calling it ridiculous... You're better off ordering it directly from the US or just waiting til the PAL version comes out in March (for the PS3). Not sure about the Wii though... But anyway if you pay 2500dhs I'll hunt you down mate :lol: Really not worth it...
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 12, 2006
no chance of me paying 2500! i am waay too much of a tight ass to pay double!

Prob want a PAL version as we got our Gamecube and games in australia and i think they are PAL - are the ones in the UK PAL?
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 12, 2006
Coops wrote:no chance of me paying 2500! i am waay too much of a tight a#s to pay double!

Prob want a PAL version as we got our Gamecube and games in australia and i think they are PAL - are the ones in the UK PAL?

Yup so better wait for the PAL version.
Nick81

Dec 12, 2006
He paid 2000 for it.
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 12, 2006
crazy...
Nick81

Dec 12, 2006
Well we are living in RIP-OFF LAND

I mean a Country where the Telecom gives different prices to different people when they go to purchase the exact same thing, not to mention prices that are higher than the BURJ :P

I thought the US was bad when it came to price corruption.. I take it all back. Dubai beats the lot :)

I can't wait for the day when the damn economy crashes and houses selling for 4-5 mil become peanuts. That'll teach them a good lesson..
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 12, 2006
nosoup4u wrote:Well we are living in RIP-OFF LAND

I mean a Country where the Telecom gives different prices to different people when they go to purchase the exact same thing, not to mention prices that are higher than the BURJ :P

I thought the US was bad when it came to price corruption.. I take it all back. Dubai beats the lot :)

I can't wait for the day when the damn economy crashes and houses selling for 4-5 mil become peanuts. That'll teach them a good lesson..

The telecom gives different prices? where is your proof? who would want to wait for a day the economy to crash just because you cant buy one video game console :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
why dont you leave now dude, why wait? coz thats what people like you would do

am i right?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 13, 2006
Where's my proof? hahaha now thats funny.. okay.. call them and ask them for a Leased Line for Point to Point connectivity with a speed of 512Kbps - 1MBps between two offices in the UAE, for example between your Dubai Office and Abu Dhabi Office

Call them at two different times, keep a few days gap and you'll get different pricing :P

And you're wrong.. don't read too much into a person's view and opinion because you can't predict their thinking.. I like it here and I dont.. But then again when I was in the States, I Liked it and did not like it at the same time as well.. every place has its ups and downs..

Tell me your opinion on this..

Don't you think Dubai is adapting to the wrong things? We're picking up Styles, new projects, we're trying to make this city too cosmopolitan too fast but we're lacking in quality, city planning, pricing..

Comes on bleakie.. you're a smart fellow.. think it through..
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 13, 2006
whats etisalat to do with Dubai?

anyways dude, the fact of adapting to wrong things, well im not sure what the wrong things your talking about....but regarding the construction, Dubai wants to head into a metropolitan kind of city.
Now when you want to build a country in that way at a fast pace your bond to have some downfall such as high standard of living (high prices).
When you build something real quick, quality in not necessary implemented at the same pace as the construction or service development, there can be issues.
If a country/city recieves more than 2,000 people a day, yes you will definately have a traffic congestion issue
then again some issue are inevitable and sometimes cannot be solved at that moment.

what im trying to say soup4u that there are issues when you want to pursue a project as huge as this one. What dubai is trying to do is to try and reduce and eliminate issues that happen in a daily basis. You cant blame someone for trying right?

no country was able to handle that stuff dubai can handle dude, so just give it time and you will see the result to be a good result
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 13, 2006
i can get uk machines imported by my coleague who sells them in the uk, i wont buy one tho as i have to pay the high price too!

i am going to uk at easter, so i will just get one then as i brough my xbox and xbox 360 with me. good job too as NO WHERE stocks or sells xbox 360 stuff, its all ps2 and some ps3 only!

the wii looks great tho, i wish i had enough time to play it, my brother bought one and they are all at my house in the uk playing it each weekend now, when i should be there beating them all n gears of war! nevermind!

this is bit of a ramble, so sorry, but im new, please contact me if your interested in getting a machine, i dont want to make any money, i will put you in touch direct with my friend. any machine, not just the wii. heard the next machine is gonna be the pii! or maybe the db!
dave101
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 14, 2006
hi dave

wanted to get one for my hubby for christmas - and being the organised gal that i am decided this...um...on sunday...

Most online shops seem to be sold out at the moment.

Gonna wait now till his birthday in feb - as i dont want to spend 2-3 times the actually selling price.

thanx though!
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 24, 2007
i just saw nintendo wii in virgin megastore for 350 uk pounds! wow even the departmentstores are ripping u off! arent they 120 pounds in the uk or certainly less than 200
dave101
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 22, 2007
They are £179 in the UK if you can find one.

I am going back next week for a couple of weeks, so i am going to try and find one, but i am not too confident. They seem to be out of stock everywhere.

I could have one now as i got one at launch, but i was greedy and sold it for £100 profit on ebay.
rAMrAID
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 23, 2007
I just managed to buy one online, with one game (Zelda) and component cable from Gameplay in UK.

Should be at my home in UK buy the time i get back next week.

Total damage £234 (1680 AED)
rAMrAID
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2007
ooh that sounds good - are they selling the PAL versions? and do you think they would ship out here?
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 25, 2007
yeh, the UK versions are all PAL. I think they would ship out here (if you try Amazon, etc) but the shipping costs wouldnt be worth it. Im sure you can find on in Dubai (look in Meena Bazar or the computer street...)
V-Man
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 26, 2007
They only ship to UK, and they are already out of stock again

I used this website to find my Wii: http://www.wiipreorder.co.uk/
rAMrAID
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 26, 2007
I have one of those aramax shop and ship accounts so i think if i get it in the UK i can have it sent that way - dunno the shipping cost though.

All the major stores here are selling them for AED2500! I doubt anywhere here will be selling them for any cheaper in the near future.

Would rather not have one for a while than get shafted!
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk