Domain Name Googlevault

Topic locked
Domain name googlevault Aug 25, 2009
Anyone have any money left? I want to sell my domain googlevault.com
It's fresh and spam free. Can not get a clear answer from anyone about conflict with google. Even in their web masters forum. Sure pulls up nice in a search engine anyway. I don't have enough to buck google if they come down on me. Thought it was a good name so I bought it.

canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 25, 2009
10$ my offer
snake
Dubai Forum User

Aug 27, 2009
Thanks anyway but give your 10 dollars to charity. My concerns have pretty much been answered by a google employee. I'm looking for serious people who want a good domain name.

Question: Google is being conned? Report abuse

danielroofer
Level 4
7/30/09
http://googlehosting.org/

Iv put this under "finding stuff on google" as that is clearly what these ppl want.
Now thats a trademark isnt it?
Brave.
All answers

Thomas P.
Top Contributor
7/30/09
Skylar (Google Employee) + 1 other person say this answers the question:
Hmmm, GoogleHosting may not be a Google trademark: http://www.google.com/permissions/guidelines.html
Their logo does not resemble Google's.
And the fine print in the footer says: "GOOGLE is a trademark of Google Inc. We are not affiliated or endorsed with Google in any way whatsoever."
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 27, 2009
Here's my bid:

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Aug 28, 2009
lol Well that bill is more unique than the 10 dollar offer. I'm just putting the word out. When I get around to selling it I'll throw it on an auction block somewhere.

canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 28, 2009
Maybe I should make a few domains with it. At present I can have 5000+ subdomains and go unlimited. How about Dubai@googlevault.com ?
I was just keeping it clean for now. Have to check these forums once in awhile to see what the lastest BS or gossip is don't you know.

canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 29, 2009
That should of been Dubai.googlevault.com Too many hours yesterday. No worries though. Cleared of no conflict with Google TM. In fact they are
letting me use google adwords to advertise it around the world. Started a campaign today. Since some domains have sold for millions I hope to get a little more than the 10 dollar offer. Time will tell. All depends who wants it.

googlevault.com © First entry, first page search engine results. $$$
Unlimited subdomains

affiliated with globegenius.com © [google webmaster]

canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 01, 2009
Canuckbid,
Are you at all serious with this thread ? Google is not going to allow ANYONE to get away with having a domain with Google as part of its name .

Maybe , Google has not noticed this name Googlevault yet . They WILL !
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 01, 2009
Hello. I've course I'm serious. I'm a google webmaster and checked in their forums about trademark issue's. Apparantly I'm not in violation as some had thought. Google employee's have stated this regarding another domain using google in the context . There is similiar domains allowed as well. In fact they are letting me promote it world wide with their google adwords program.

Who would I contact regarding my domain I have for sale? (googlevault.com) Thought I would ask google if they are interested before I put it up for bid on ebay. Thanks for any help. Mike

Skylar (Google Employee) + 2 other people say this answers the question:
Hmmm, GoogleHosting may not be a Google trademark: http://www.google.com/permissions/guidelines.html
Their logo does not resemble Google's.
And the fine print in the footer says: "GOOGLE is a trademark of Google Inc. We are not affiliated or endorsed with Google in any way whatsoever."
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 01, 2009
ask RedKite.
G to tha T
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 08, 2009
Hello. I think Redkite is selling domains not buying them. Google is helping to promote my domain I have for sale. You can see my new google gadget here in new gadgets.

http://www.google.com/ig/directory?synd=open&cat=new

I have submitted it for sale to a couple of sites now as well. Or any potential buyer can contact me through the email on googlevault.com

Want your very own google gadget? As a developer I can build them. Then you can send them to friends or post them where ever you like. All I need is a picture you want to use and where you want people to land. ie:webpage. 50 bucks a gadget. I'll submit them to the google directory as well. How they rank depends how popular they are.
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 13, 2009
Canuckbid,
First of all ,I'm amazed that Google are happy with domains that conain the prefix "Google" . If they allow Googlevault ,one would have that that a plethora of domains are allowable , beginning with the word "google". Surprising!!

What do you mean by a Google GADGET ?
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 13, 2009
OK , Just clicked the link and seen what a gadget is. It's like a logo, I suppose.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 13, 2009
Hello Redkite. At no time did I say Google was "happy" about it. One has to be very careful. If you read their policies you would see that they would not approve of it. There's a big difference in "approve" and not allowed. There is many sites with google in the context if you ever did a search. Alot of them are not owned by google. I asked in the google webmaster forums for answers and got a reply showing that googlehosting.org was not in violation either. If I was not allowed to have my domain you can be sure that google would not have allowed my googleadwords campaign that I paid for. They screen their campaign's. Also they would pull my google gadget. If google wanted googlevault it would be vault.google. I hope you can see how their system works. I may have been born at night. But not last night. My site has great SEO because of the context.
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 14, 2009
If Google are even privately against names like Googlevault , surely they can manipulate rankings to make sure that Googlevault does not rate too highly?

I cannot see Google giving you full support,even though they have not forced you to drop the name.

You are surely treading on their toes and setting a precedence that they may view as a danger? If you have TOO MUCH SUCCESS , there will be a plethora of domains pre-fixed by Google.

We'll see !!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 15, 2009
I think you're abit late Redkite. The boat left along time ago. You've have to keep pushing your .uk domains. Maybe try the UK?
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 19, 2009
Canuckbid,
Well, I thought that UK residents with an interest in working and/or investing in Dubai would flock to a forum such as this . After all , it is not only for Dubai residents.
Having said that, one would have thought that would-be entrepreneurs living in Dubai would also seize the opportunity of specific generic Dubai domains that can get them highly rated.....with the right text.....on Google UK and reach a BIG MARKET !!

By the way Canuck, I notice that you put apostrophes in your PLURALS all the time. That is wrong. It looks bad. There are no apostrophes in plurals. An apostrophe shows a noun is POSSESSIVE. For example ......"the boy's books" means the boy possesses or owns the books.
It is not "the boy's book's " BOOKS is plural . BOOK'S is not.

book's can mean " BOOK IS " as well , as in "the book's blue". The
apostrophe replaces the letter "i", as in THE BOOK IS BLUE .
I thought I would point that out. No offence!!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 19, 2009
Hey RedKite I don't think google can do much about the googlevault domain. Just last week McDonalds lost a suit challenging a company called McCurry, to drop the Mc.
Going by the same logic, not much google can do bout googlevault!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 19, 2009
Well I'm sure google would not run my google adword campaigns or host my googlevault.com gadget or modules if they were not allowed. Think about this. Who owns web.com or business.com etc., etc.? Everytime someone makes a domain with those words then it would be a TM issue would it not? Business.com sold for 7.5 million. My domain is a bargain at 100K It has 71% SEO already. No problem with the spelling Redkite. Did not know there was a spelling bee test going on though. As long as I get the message across it's all good. I went to school in Canada. You Brits do things different over there. Crowded little rock of an island it is.
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 20, 2009
Canuck,

You're taking this the wrong way. No need to get your back up. I'm trying to help. I can assure you there are NO APOSTROPHES IN PLURALS in UK.......USA......AUSTRALIA.......CANADA or anywhere else on this planet !
It's not a question of "doing things differently in the UK at all" !
Wrong grammar is WRONG grammar .
The plural of CAR is CARS , not CAR'S .....in CANADA AS WELL AS UK !!

If you care to check 100 OTHER Canadian web-sites......you will NOT find apostrophes in plurals.

I cannot see how a GOOGLE prefix can be compared to a Mc prefix!!

GOOGLE is a BRAND NAME ....like COCA COLA !
"business" and "web" are not BRAND WORDS..........and neither is Mc , which is GAELIC FOR "SON OF" .
I'm amazed that Mc Donalds tried to pull that one!!

I'm also surprised if GOOGLE...a BIG BRAND......allows Googlevault to get away with things on a Google search engine.

What is so special about VAULT??
If Googlevault is allowable........what about Googlebank , Googlesilver, Googlegold, Googlebronze; Googlesafe; Googlevan; Googlebed etc etc
In other words, if Googlevault is allowable, so should a PLETHORA of other google prefix domains.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 20, 2009
Redkite now even I'm getting tired of you. Have you even checked some of those google domains you asked about? Most are already bought. Like I said you missed the boat along time ago. The google boat. Google does not own the english language for crying out loud. They own their trademark logo. Mine is not even close to it and I have a disclaimer as well on my website. My googlevault.com is a world wide domain. Your UK sites should be pushed in the UK. Go try and sell them there would ya? The people in Dubai know my site would rank better than any thing you have. Give your spelling lessons to someone else as well. Vault relates to cashola in case you didn't know. Dubai is known world wide for being a rich country. Geesh with your spelling bee you should know that much.
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 21, 2009
I think google will take ur site down!
LockerzManager
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 21, 2009
Canuck,

It seems that you cannot take any constructive criticism or logical arguments.

Of course Google does not own the ENGLISH LANGUAGE.......but they own the term "Google" and CONTROL their own Google search engine.

Therefore, I cannot see them supporting prefixes with "Google " and allowing them to prosper.

Surely, using your logic......Google could be put in front of almost ANY NOUN and Google will be powerless to stop it being done !!!

I cannot believe that , I'm afraid. There are THOUSANDS of nouns !!

Another point ! Why CAN'T a .co.uk domain be GLOBAL ??
If "visit dubai " is entered as a search into Google.COM ...global......then www.visit-dubai.co.uk is 2nd or 3rd on the front page.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 21, 2009
Redkite you have to convince other people the worth or your domains. I will not be buying any of yours. I have lots of other domains that I'm selling elswhere. Several spots actually. So you may as well go back to telling the Dubai members how great your domains are. Also if googlehosting.org has been running since 2007 what makes you think my site will be disallowed?
I'm actually talking to lawyers about my domain. Your opinion means nothing to me. Are you a lawyer or know business law? I doubt it. All you do is complain about my spelling. If it bothers you so much do not bother reading my posts. I started this thread to let people be aware of the domain I own and have for sale. Not for you to come bash me. Go start your own thread to promote your domains. Personally with your attitude I would not buy one even if you actually did have something decent. End of story.
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 21, 2009
Canuck,

I have not "bashed" you at all. In fact, I have tried to help you. In my experience ,no-one who puts apostrophes in plurals is ever taken seriously. It is a big joke in UK newspapers if signs are seen saying "Fish and chip's " outside a chip shop or, "banana's" outside a fruit stall.

It is a school-boy error that should not be made by children over the age of ten or eleven. It is so basic to English grammar , that people who put apostrophes in plurals in any text are not taken seriously by businessmen ,legal people , teachers ,officials etc.
Therefore, you are damaging your OWN web-sites and your prospects of selling domains.
You obviously have a "thing" about your spelling , so you immediately get defensive and make excuses . You should be thanking me for correcting your error.
Funnily enough, quite a lot of people involved with the internet are hopeless at spelling.......far worse than you. Yet they are often quite good technically.
I will repeat...........Google are IN CHARGE of "Google" , so even if google pre-fixed domains like Googlevault are allowed to continue, Google will make sure that they are NEVER PROMINENT !!
Will Googlevault ever be found on the FIRST THREE PAGES if one enters "Google" into a Google search ???? What do you think?
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 21, 2009
Good grief. You will not leave me alone. I now have my own personal "stalker". Why not try googlevault.com in a google search and see what you find?
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 21, 2009
canuckbid wrote:Why not try googlevault.com in a google search and see what you find?

I tried a Google vault search. I don't see it in the first 50 results. What's a Google Vault anyway? I did find your other googlevault.com discussion but it didn't really explain what it was.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 21, 2009
OK you two. On the subject of what is and what isn't grammatically corret, I got this just for the both of you. Let's get back to basics. :lol:

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 21, 2009
lol Basics alright. Of course you will not find my domain with google in a google search. I'm not google and do not profess to be. I'm googlevault.com
I'm not endorsed or affiliated with google in any way. I said try a google search for googlevault.com Not google vault with seperated words or anything else. The domain has good SEO if you know what that is. Rates 71% at the moment. If you do not understand SEO I may as well be talking chinese to you. You will never understand. It's because of the domain context that it rates high. I post in a domain forum also. Those members know exactly what SEO is.
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 22, 2009
So why would anyone search for googlevault.com?
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk