DU Broadband Review Needed

Topic locked
DU Broadband review needed Jan 31, 2009
Planning to get DU broadband connection,most probably 512kbps or 1mbps max.will be using it for torrents,usual browsing and Voip.Can anyone tell me if its reliable or has many connection problems as the DU mobile service has.Currently i have Etisalat 256kbps connection which sucks coz i cant download anything through torrents.

TIA

NoName01
Dubai Forums Member

Re: DU Broadband review needed Jan 31, 2009
NoName01 wrote:Currently i have Etisalat 256kbps connection which sucks coz i cant download anything through torrents.
TIA

I cant help you with the review for DU internet.. but maybe in torrent problem, can you ellaborate more about the problem with your torrent? im using etisalat also but i can download torrent with no problem. most of the problem I encounterd with etisalat is with their default wifi router.

:)
nullpointer
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: DU Broadband review needed Jan 31, 2009
nullpointer wrote:
NoName01 wrote:Currently i have Etisalat 256kbps connection which sucks coz i cant download anything through torrents.
TIA

I cant help you with the review for DU internet.. but maybe in torrent problem, can you ellaborate more about the problem with your torrent? im using etisalat also but i can download torrent with no problem. most of the problem I encounterd with etisalat is with their default wifi router.

:)

I have forwarded port,no firewall,proper settings.spents almost 3-4 days trying to configure this damn thing.but stll utorrent says port closed and torrents with good health will upload like 4-5kbps and 0kbps download.I have a normal aztech adsl modem which is connected to Dlink DIR615 wireless router.tried everything but no avail. :(
NoName01
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 01, 2009
No problems with Etisalat over here. I'm on a 2Mbps connection which other that being a lot slower (and a frickin ripoff in price) than my 8Mbps line back home has been pretty good so far.
zzzane
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 01, 2009
@NoName01 did you try to plug your computer directly to your adsl modem? I still have'nt try utorrent (im using bitlord), I will download it later to check if I'll be having the same problem as yours.

check link it might help:
(forums .whirlpool. net. au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/488216.html)

just delete the spaces in the link, because the forum dissallow me to post U R L .. :D
nullpointer
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 01, 2009
Will try with my desktop and post...currently using laptop on wireless
NoName01
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 02, 2009
no change when i directly connected my desktop to ADSL modem..
NoName01
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 15, 2009
just wondering which is better - DSL or FTTH? any thoughts?
siegeknife
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk