Anyone Knows Where I Can Get Free Windows Mobile Software?

Topic locked
Anyone knows where I can get free windows mobile software? Feb 02, 2009
Hello everyone...

Does anyone know where I can get useful windows mobile software?

I just bought an HTC Touch HD yesterday with the promotion below.
Good thing it's DSF. hehe.
The phone is amazing and I believe it's better than any phone out there.

If any of you guys know where I can get one please update me on this thread. Thank you.

andrewg
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 02, 2009
Welcome to the real world. :)

Free? There are quite literally tons of them all over the web. Google these:
Fring, Opera Mobile, Slick, Core Player, Death Drive, Skype, Gsync, Pocketrar etc.

If you're looking to go the paid route, check out Garmin's maps for ME. They're pretty up to date and nicely detailed. SPB Mobile shell is another great app.

Head over to xda-developers.com for customizing, tweaking and tips for your HD.

P.S.: How much did it cost ya, if you don't mind me asking? Just trying to see if I paid too much a few weeks ago.
zzzane
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 05, 2009
If you want the FREE version go get a cracked one but you might experience the possibility of limited updates or get a microsoft logo appear on your phone all the time..
frontier2002
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 06, 2009
Hey. thanks zzzane.... Those are really neat stuff. although it's better to buy software legally but I just need to try out the best software available first.

I paid as displayed and it's worth it.. it's an amazing phone. huge screen. I also tried to pop in some converted movies.

Mind sharing other cool stuff I can install. Have you tried skype already on windows mobile?
andrewg
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 06, 2009
frontier2002 wrote:If you want the FREE version go get a cracked one but you might experience the possibility of limited updates or get a microsoft logo appear on your phone all the time..

No wonder a lot of developers are opting out of this field, thanks to your views on piracy. :x

If you can afford to buy a phone that costs 3K AED, you can certainly afford to buy a couple of nice (and legal) apps for it. Most guys who have a ton of cracked/pirated apps on their phone rarely use more than a couple anyway.

Andrew, I have a list of free software for WinMo on my home laptop. I'll PM ya later today.
zzzane
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk