Isolation During Covid Infection In Dubai

Isolation During Covid infection in Dubai Jun 14, 2021
How long is the isolation period for Covid-19?

A person who is newly infected with Covid-19 will remain in an isolation facility for a period not exceeding 10 days if the patient does not have any symptoms or has mild symptoms only.

What are the conditions for discharge from isolation facilities?

Completion of 10 days from the date of obtaining the test result
Improvement in symptoms
The patient is not feverish and has a body temperature that’s less than 37.5 degrees Celsius for three consecutive days without taking any medication to reduce fever.

Should the result be negative for the patient to leave the isolation facility?

An examination is not required for a patient who does not have symptoms and has completed a period of 10 days in isolation, as he is not considered to be a carrier of the infection after this period.

When is the Covid-19 considered to be infectious?

Scientific studies have shown that the emerging Covid-19 is most contagious to others in the early days of infection and rapidly declines by the end of the first 7 to 10 days of disease.

Scientific studies have also shown that the virus was not found to be active or infectious, after the second week of infection, despite of positive PCR tests (that indicates detection of RNA) it’s not necessarily a viable virus.

How do I ensure that my condition will not get worse after getting discharged from the isolation facility?

Non-hospital isolation facilities are only for minor cases and the person is allowed to leave the isolation facility only once he has improvement of the symptoms if they existed and if he is fever-free for three consecutive days without fever-reducing medications prior to discharge.

In the event of any symptoms after the discharge, you can always consult a doctor or go to any of the health centers to perform the necessary checks.

Can I practice my normal life after leaving the isolation facility with a positive examination result and will I consider that I intentionally contacted the community and will apply to the fines?

Discharged cases (Asymptomatic/mild symptoms) are fit to resume normal daily activities taking the normal precautions that is applied to all, such as wearing masks and physical distancing for a distance of 1.5 to 2 meters. The concerned authorities in Dubai are aware of the circulars and instructions issued by the Dubai Health Authority.

How long can it take to recover?

SARS-CoV-2 virus is a new virus and its nature may change. Scientific evidence found that the recovery period depends on the person’s immunity. For mild and asymptotic cases, a 10-day isolation period is the maximum period.

For cases with symptoms, recovery period depends on symptoms and complications of the disease during treatment.

Source: https://www.dha.gov.ae/en/Covid19/Pages/Isolation.aspx

PS:
SARS-CoV-2 - is the name of the virus
Covid-19 - is the name of the disease

Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

posting in Health and Medicine in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Health and Medicine in Dubai