Hair Treatment

Topic locked
hair treatment Feb 25, 2006
pls tell me if there r any good hair treatment clinic's or saloon's in dubai
thanx in advance

sweetson20
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 25, 2006
You know that's one thing I never understood, why are many SALONS called Saloons, are they all from old Western movies or something? A Saloon is a bar!

I answer to your question, yes there are lots.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

thanx choco Feb 25, 2006
fine my mistake...a salon...
thanx for informing that there are many..pls can u name some good ones giving the treatment
sweetson20
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 25, 2006
I was told ages ago that the reason they are called 'saloon's is because in the Phillipines, a 'saloon' is a salon for women, and a 'salon' is a salon for men (or a barbershop?). I could be completely wrong though! Although, I agree with chocoholic. It gets on my nerves too..

MariaDowling (on al Mina Road) salon have this awesome misty/steamer thing..I think they are the only salon in the region to have it. They are one of the most popular salons in Dubai, and from what I remember, they use the Loreal Kerastase range, which is great.

Roots is another good salon, its been here for years. They are on the beach road, next to the Town Center

Also, maybe try Hair at Pyramids (at Wafi) they are also not bad..well, ok, I can't stand the women that work there, but for some reason they are considered a good salon.

One of my favorite salons is Aruna's which is upstairs at the Crowne Plaza..not very fancy, but very hygienic and the staff are lovely. DO NOT go into Mirage, which is next door. It's one of those fancy looking salons that have absolutely nothing to offer and the staff are HORRIBLY unprofessional (my stylist tried to pick me up while he did my hair!!!)

There's also Frank Provost, which has branches at Burj Al Arab and the Trade center, I believe. Big fancy chain of salons, so quality should be good, and I know that their staff really know what they are doing.

The Hair Corridor is another nice salon. It's at the Park and Shop complex on al Wasl road. I haven't gotten my hair done there, but I got a few body piercings done there and they were very hygenic and followed procedure, so I imagine their hair stylists are also good..

For more of a budget salon, try Honeymoon or Pretty Lady. They literally have branches all over!

If you want to call any of these salons to compare prices or for more info or anything, you can get their numbers from 181. (or 180,im not sure) Hope I helped! Let me know which salon you choose!
ViolentFemme
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 26, 2006
Don't be fooled by the 'big' names, Frank Provost recently got a bad write up and Tony & Guy are also completely overated.

Arunas - Crowne Plaza is very good, also Cut & Shape opposite the Capitol Hotel.

I just go to my hairdressers home as she's good. Really depends on what type of hair you have and what you want. Some salons are very Arabic or very Western and so are only usewd to dealing with certain hair types.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

thanx once again! Feb 26, 2006
thanx violentfemme n choco...i actually got a hair straightening done from a salon in Al-Ain. Beforehand itself i asked the beautician if it will cause any harm to my hair n she said she will remove all chemicals by steaming later on. I went ahead with the treatment and have been experiencing a really bad hairfall. She had asked me to come for a hair treatment again but i dont trust her now. So thought will c if there r some nice salon's in dubai to consult with my problem.
sweetson20
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 01, 2006
My wife used Paul Bryan on Jumeira Beach road, and she was well impressed. This was a recommendation from Gab i may add.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: thanx once again! Mar 04, 2006
sweetson20 wrote:thanx violentfemme n choco...i actually got a hair straightening done from a salon in Al-Ain. Beforehand itself i asked the beautician if it will cause any harm to my hair n she said she will remove all chemicals by steaming later on. I went ahead with the treatment and have been experiencing a really bad hairfall. She had asked me to come for a hair treatment again but i dont trust her now. So thought will c if there r some nice salon's in dubai to consult with my problem.

Chemical straghtening is the worst thing you can ever do to your hair. Many of the western salons won't do it as it totally trashes it. Plus no straightening treatment will give you the poker straight hair you want. Only the Yoko Japanese treatment does that and it's strips all the volume out too, so if you do that you better like the way the Japanese have their hair, as that's pretty much what you get.

Cut & Shape use a really nice relaxing serum that will make your hair easier to straighten with tongs or blow drying.

Before any chemical treatment, a salon should always do a strand test, to see how it will work on your hair, never ever ever have a straightening treatment if you have bleach or bleach enhanced colour in your hair as the straightening chemicals will only weaken the hair further, it becomes very elastic and basically will just break off - sounds like this is what happened to you!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 09, 2008
Ok sorry to revive this thrad, im a guy, looking for a good haircut,, where to go please? No smarta$$ answers please :) Thanks
studstar
Dubai forums Addict

Re: hair treatment Jun 27, 2009
sweetson20 wrote:pls tell me if there r any good hair treatment clinic's or saloon's in dubai
thanx in advance

there's a really good salon in Al Nasr Leisureland called sjb hair salon the owner/stylist there is english exellent hairdresser, her name sharon and salon number 043354993,also a sri lankan girl called ruwani is also fantastic colourist, and they do reiki while you wait so you leave feeling good on inside aswell as outside. with their proffessional expertise they can recommend you good haircare product and advice.
foxy lady14COI3
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: hair treatment Oct 28, 2009
sweetson20 wrote:pls tell me if there r any good hair treatment clinic's or saloon's in dubai
thanx in advance

Hi , my name is sarah.... i dunno about salons but i get a guy that flys to Dubai from london every 8 weeks , you have to act fast to get booked in but he is amazing and very clever....... his e.mail is garrii19b@hotmail.co.uk
i hope this helps
sarahthompson
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Hair Treatment Sep 23, 2013
Thanks for sharing his email address, I will contact with him....
chelseyadams
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Hair Treatment Sep 24, 2013
hai chelseyadams visiting a saloon is a good option.But for a regular use ,make sure that you use hair care devices of established brands.While selecting hair dryers,hair straightener ( http://www.mea.philips.com/e/haircare/ )make sure that they are from established brands so that they do not cause much damage to your hair.Prefer established brands like sony,philips etc
jacobgeorge
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Hair Treatment Sep 24, 2013
Yes I have UK branded hair dryer and hair straightener and its brand name is Corioliss. I purchased from this website http://www.alonwancosmetics.com/Corioliss here in Dubai.
chelseyadams
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Health and Medicine in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Health and Medicine in Dubai