Skiing?

Topic locked
Skiing? May 08, 2008
Hello--

I'm a travel writer for a US magazine and we're looking into doing a story about indoor skiing. Has anybody out there tried Ski Dubai? If so, I'd love to hear about your experience. I'm especially interested in getting in touch with American ex-pats, but would be more than happy to hear from anyone. Please drop me a line at kbellstrom@hearst.com and I'll tell you more about the story.

Thanks very much,
Kristen
kbellstrom@hearst.com

kbell212
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Sep 10, 2008
I went there in August, was great fun. You have bunny slopes off to the side, gree halfway up at the lodge, blue at the top & black run is next to the blue with slalom poles added. I am a complete novice having only learnt how to ski in February in Vail, although I can safely make my way down a blue run.

Very strange going from 40DegC to -3DegC in the desert & hands got cold after about an hour. Wasnt too busy when I was there, but think most ppl had gone away because of the heat and school holidays (no complaints).
Trusty
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 14, 2008
Great place to learn, and practice if you're a novice. Good fun for an hour or two if you're intermediate and with friends. Gets boring after that, especially if you're a good skier / snowboarder.

Definitely worth a visit if you're a tourist, if nothing else just for the experience of going to a skifield in summer clothes.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 10, 2008
I did it during my last trip, and it was a great time. The slope is very well designed with several ranges of ability in mind, but it does get a little boring after 30 minutes.

One thing I found to be most fun was "racing" the little time display that pops up every time you go through the lift gate telling you how much time you have left.

Overall very good. I'd expect them to improve their little terrain park more and more as it grows in popularity and regulars.
Mdmaiorano
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Guide and photosForum Rules

Return to Dubai Guide and photos