Ballroom Dancing?

Topic locked
Ballroom dancing? Jan 05, 2007
We will be visiting Dubai from Ireland in March. Ballroom dancing is our hobby and I am wondering if there is somewhere we can dance while there. I have found the Panorama Hotel on the internet, where they seem to have dancing on a Wednesday, does anyone know anything about it, or anywhere else where we might be able to dance?

Thank you in advance :)

dancing_feet
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 05, 2007
The movenpick hotel in Oud metha has a big ballroom which looks like quite good as far as ballrooms are concerned to someone who does not know much about them :)

Well it looks good to me ;)

I walk past often so will pop in and try get some more details for you.

Update;

Just had a google;

The hotel also has a well-maintained ballroom 'Oud Metha Ballroom' featuring street-level access, revolving hydraulic stage, and soundproof dividers with a capacity to accommodate up to 600 guests. Oud Metha Ballroom is ideal for holding banquets, weddings, presentations, and exhibitions. For smaller meetings there are 6 function rooms including Al Khor- 1, ideal for meetings of up to 30 persons, Al Khor-2, ideal for meetings of up to 40 persons, Al Nakheel- 1, ideal for meetings of up to 22 persons. Al Nakheel- 1 can be combined with Al Nakheel- 2 to form meeting capacity for up to 70 persons.

http://www.dubaiabudhabi.com/hotels-in- ... dubai.html[/img]
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Jan 05, 2007
Thank you, that looks interesting, but I wonder do they have dancing on a regular basis? Any information you might find would be gratefully received, my husband and myself like to bring the dancing shoes with us just in case an opportunity presents itself! I think the hotel where we are staying has maybe got a pianist at night, but not sure if anyone dances (mind you, that doesn't normally stop us!)
dancing_feet
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Guide and photosForum Rules

Return to Dubai Guide and photos