What Is The Distance Between......?

Topic locked
What is the distance between......? Feb 18, 2008
Can somebody help tell me what the approximate distance is from the Gardens shopping mall to the American University in Dubai? Would it be possible to cycle? Is there a lot of traffic?
Thanks in advance.

Remicharles1
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 19, 2008
I wouldnt cycle anywere here mate!
too dangerous :shock:
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 19, 2008
I read that they were putting in cycle paths around Dubai to try and promote alternative methods of transport.
Okay, how long would it take to drive ? Does the traffic ever stop?
Remicharles1
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 19, 2008
Remicharles1 wrote:I read that they were putting in cycle paths around Dubai to try and promote alternative methods of transport.

They're loud in announcement here but little action.

Remicharles1 wrote:Okay, how long would it take to drive ? Does the traffic ever stop?

Yes they do, when Bush comes for a visit.........Hmmm once a decade or so.. :lol: :lol:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 20, 2008
Bummer !
What aout the bus ? This is the main road leading North into the centre is it not ?
Can someone provide some better news ?
Remicharles1
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 20, 2008
Yes he is right you cannot cycle here, unless it is around your residential streets - immediate vicinity. Driving in cars is risky enough.

It is about 15kms from these points.

SZR (main road) is about 5 lines in each direction. Normal speed 100-120km an hour and you will get booked if you go under 60kms an hours, unless there is a jam. No specified cycle lane, and the hard shoulder is used by emergency vehicles and White Range rovers and people with sharjah number plates.

You will not get the bus either, trust me.
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 20, 2008
Hmmmmm, very interesting. Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll have to buy a car then and add more pollution !
I read that cyclists meet at Wofs Bike shop (?) at 5:30am for a cycle. This is so early probably to avoid traffic and to avoid extreme heat.
Remicharles1
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum