WANTING TO HEAR FROM ANYONE CONSIDERING MOVING OUT TO DUBAI

Topic locked
WANTING TO HEAR FROM ANYONE CONSIDERING MOVING OUT TO DUBAI Oct 24, 2007
I am currently researching for a new documentry series for television about Dubai, inparticular looking at people who are thinking about moving out there. Why do you want to move out there? What has Dubai got to offer you that your current home doesnt? I am also keen to hear from people who are currently living out there. What is like to live out there as an expat? Are there lots of jobs out there? What are the major advantages and disandvantages of life in Dubai?

Have you moved recently or thinking of moving - we would love to hear your story.

ORIG
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

it is being considered Oct 31, 2007
my in-laws live in Dubai so my wife would love to move there.. I am hesitant about it for a number of reasons. I am a do it on your own kind of person, I have my own company, and I don't know if I can do that in Dubai. Everyone says that to live in Dubai you have to work for a company that brings you in so you can make it financially. I don't think i can go back to being employed!
humaforms
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 16, 2007
I am due out to Dubai in mid Feb, simply I am fed up of the UK, of the government taking our liberties away piece by piece, the drinking laws havnt helped, knives, guns, kids on streets with no future, taxes, oil is £31 a barrel yet to com into the UK it is £94, weather, floods - will happen again as the government have done naff all about it, rail travel, public transport in general, cost of living, no of illegal immegrants, enough for now.
axlenoyl
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 16, 2007
axlenoyl wrote:public transport in general, cost of living, no of illegal immegrants, enough for now.

Some of it ain't going to get any better.... :lol:
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Moving/Relocating to Dubai Nov 19, 2007
Hi, I have had 2 interviews in Mayfair. London for a job I would love, from the outside looking in but until i start..

Anyway got loads of info on my story and have loads of issues, concerns, reasons for leaving nothing too bad just reasons. I feel I have been in need of this move, but not pushed...looking fwd to it big time extreemly excited and keep swatting up on the internet of others stories..., always possibility of coming back though?

get in touch if my experience thus far interests you...I'm going to Dubai for 1 week on 8th December then if formerly offered the job will be there from end of Jan 2008 until ......? we'll see

Fraser.
fjk911
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Considering Relocating Nov 20, 2007
My reason for considering a move is basically for new surroundings and experiences. Life is good here in San Francisco, but I grew up travelling, so it's in my blood I guess. At the same time, I can understand there's no perfection in a country/region/culture, etc., so there's no stars in my eyes about how life will be.
Mikado7
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum