Visit Visa For A Friend

Topic locked
Visit Visa for a friend Oct 05, 2006
Hi,
Does anyone know the requirements for me to sponsor my girlfiend on a visit visa? She's 21 and coming from india.

I know it can be done thru a travel agent (esp. air arabia), but since her father will be paying for everything from there, I need to know if I can sponsor her, or only companies can sponsor.

Thanks. :)

ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Visit Visa for a friend Oct 06, 2006
ineedacoolnick wrote:Hi,
Does anyone know the requirements for me to sponsor my girlfiend on a visit visa? She's 21 and coming from india.

I know it can be done thru a travel agent (esp. air arabia), but since her father will be paying for everything from there, I need to know if I can sponsor her, or only companies can sponsor.

Thanks. :)

This is the text of what has been posted previously;

Visit Visas

The Visit Visa applies to tourists who wish to spend more than 14 days in Dubai, those coming for family visits as well as those on long term business visits.

It requires the sponsorship of any U.A.E. resident or any company or hotel licensed to operate within the U.A.E.

This visa is valid for entry within two months from its date of issue.

The duration of stay is 30 days from the date of entry, and may be renewed twice, each time for 30 days, up to a total of 100 days including a grace period of 10 days. A fee of Dhs 500 is charged for each renewal. A visit visa further entitles its holder to change his status to that of residence or employment provided certain conditions are met.

In order to complete the application, the sponsor will require the visitor's date of arrival and arrival details and a photocopy of the first few pages of the visitor's passport which should be valid for at least three months. There is a fee of Dhs 100 for obtaining a visit visa. Hotels in Dubai rarely sponsor their guests on Visit Visas and if they do, they charge approximately Dhs 270 - 400 (US$ 75 - 110) per visa in order to cover the services for obtaining a visa.

The Visit Visa holder may enter and leave the country through any port of entry in the U.A.E.

A special category of visas under the Visit Visa type is a "Tourist" Visa, which can be obtained for individual tourists from: East and West Europe, USA, Canada, Australia, Thailand, Japan, Malaysia, Hong Kong citizens, South Africa, Singapore and China. The "Tourist" Visa entitles its holder to a 30 day stay. It is non-renewable and has no grace period. The "Tourist" Visa requires the sponsorship of hotels and tour operators who bring in visitors from the above listed countries. The fee is Dhs 100. Hotels in Dubai charge approximately Dhs 270 - 300 (US$ 75 - 85) per visa in order to cover related administrative and other costs. The "Tourist" Visa will be issued by the Central Administration in future.

I think the Government also now requires a deposit of Dhs. 2,000.00 or 5,000.00 the amount I am not sure.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 06, 2006
So how long is the visa valid for when you come over as a tourist?
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 06, 2006
Visit Visa is valid for 30+30 (No need to apply) additional 30 will have to apply and pay Dhs.500.00

Tourist visa as stated is 30 days with no extension possible, however I have no experience of this type of visa.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 07, 2006
Thanks Sage...

Last question..I have a Dubai employment visa but live in Abu Dhabi.
Can i apply from here for the visa or have to go to Dubai?

Thanks.
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 07, 2006
ineedacoolnick wrote:Thanks Sage...

Last question..I have a Dubai employment visa but live in Abu Dhabi.
Can i apply from here for the visa or have to go to Dubai?

Thanks.

Visit visa is issued from Federal Immigration and is valid for all 7 Emirates
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 07, 2006
sage wrote:

You da man! :) Thanks.
Hope some new law today doesn't change that. ;)
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 07, 2006
ineedacoolnick wrote:sage wrote:

You da man! :) Thanks.
Hope some new law today doesn't change that. ;)

Well that one you can never be 100% sure of, however considering today is the 2nd day of the official Public Sector weekend, it is highly unlikely :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

visit visa Oct 08, 2006
hi i have a question..can my husband sponsor visit visa for both my parents?? and also my uncle(my grandfathers{dads side} brothers son) wants to com can my husband sponsor for him to.. can he have 3 visas on his name? and how much salary requirment does he need? can i sponsor for any one on my salary of 2000?
heidylaw
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 08, 2006
Yes, family or males can be easily sponsored.
I don't think you'd be able to sponsor anyone on your salary.
Minimum salary is AED 4000 if im not mistaken.

Man, its so hard to sponsor single women. Dubai immigration said that males cannot sponsor single ladies who aren't related, and for a lady to sponsor her the salary should be AED 10,000.
Airlines aren't willing to sponsor single women either.
:(
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

hi Apr 01, 2007
hi every one

i dont kno wthis infor will be beneificL for COOL NIKC..i m new to Forums, an di know that anyone can apply for a VISIT VISA for his friend, parnets or any one from SATA. Sharjah Airport Travel agenicies

Documntation:
sponoser can be any one (male can sponser anyone )but female cannot sponser a male.

sponser's PPcopy.(no SALARY REQUIRMENTS)
Applicatns: ppcopy+ 3 PPsize pic
2000 AEd Deposit

Cost:

305 AED Visa
Tic u have to buy from them.

Visit Visa 60 days Extention 30 days addtinaol cost 500 Dhs more

i got it for my Fiance ,, but my brother sponsered as i cannot sponser a male.. i got it all in only 805 Dhs including ticket 2 way .

even though we have to buy tic fromt hem like other agnecies. but only the SALARY LEETER from sponser part works best.

i hope this will help .. any quries can mail be back

Chao ta ta
farah
Dubai Forum Visitor

Where can I get Duabi Visit Visa at low cost ? Sep 06, 2007
Hello friends,
My visit visa is going to expire recently.

I would like to take one visit visa to Dubai.

Many of the agents here are charging 1200-1500 AED for a visa, eventhough the actual cost for taking visit visa is very less( 100-200 AED).

Where can I get Visit Visa at cheap rate?

Please help me.

Muneer
+971506748950
muneerkm
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum