Help Please - Visit Visa

Topic locked
Help Please - Visit visa Oct 09, 2006
Hi all,
Not sure how many of you saw my previous post about visit visas, but to make a long story short, i can't sponsor my girlfriend on a visit visa.

Dubai Immigration said friends cant sponsor single ladies; only women can sponsor them whos salary is above AED 10,000.

I know its a lot to ask, but would anyone know a way / a company / a person who could sponsor her?
Naturally I would pay for all costs involved and a little something for the trouble. Its quite urgent as she wants to come on the 16th when her exams start.

Thanks!

ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 09, 2006
Why not approach tourism companies in Dubai? They can provide visit visa... :roll:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 09, 2006
i think if she comes on emirates they will give her a visa for a month check with dnata
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 09, 2006
Problem with that corcs is with Emirates Airlines you can only sponsor persons with blood relation to you.
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 09, 2006
zam wrote:Why not approach tourism companies in Dubai? They can provide visit visa... :roll:

this is a good suggestion - although they do sometimes limit the duration of the visa!!!! else try some of the hotels they also provide visa's as long as the person stays in the hotel while they are in dubai.
find a cheapish one, as you don't want to break the bank while they are staying here. get her to look for a job asap when she gets to dubai so that she can go onto their visa. they will keep her passport as "collateral" while she is checked in.

another option is to get married :lol:

pick the lesser of two evils!
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Oct 09, 2006
Thanks for your responses.
Yeah it looks like hotels are the only option. I went to dubai immigration today..the main dude..the colonel.. said no, as shes 1 - a single young lady, 2 i have no relation to her, 3 shes travelling alone. When i said ok her dad might come too, he said but im not related to them. so much 4 that! :(

Btw, she's only coming for 2 weeks...just for a holiday. Will come job hunting next year hopefully. :)

If anyone knows cheap hotels who do this, and QUICKLY (shes trying to come on the 16th) please let me know!

Thanks!
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 10, 2006
What passport does she hold... she may not require a visa if its from an approved country.

Other than that, any travel agent from who she books her ticket will organise it... its one of the easiest things that can be done
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 11, 2006
Corcovado wrote:i think if she comes on emirates they will give her a visa for a month check with dnata

Emirates have lots of conditions when issuing a visa, this needs to be checked.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 11, 2006
Hi,
She holds an indian passport. I checked with dnata/emirates but they dont sponsor unaccompanied students (she's 21 in college).
Called up a few hotels too in dubai; they said she's too young etc.

Anyways, still trying thru some companies.

Thanks for the help.
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 11, 2006
Well, i came once through Dolphin hotel, they gave me visa, and i didnt even stay there in a hotel, as i stayed in friends house.
Try there it is in Bank street somewhere and it is not so costly.
UNME
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 12, 2006
ineedacoolnick wrote:Hi,
She holds an indian passport. I checked with dnata/emirates but they dont sponsor unaccompanied students (she's 21 in college).

Thanks for the help.

tell her to contact travel agents in India...any tour company will get her a visa in a heartbeat
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 12, 2006
KeithL wrote:
ineedacoolnick wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the help.

tell her to contact travel agents in India...any tour company will get her a visa in a heartbeat

they can organize a visa from india but its a business out there, the amount charged would be astronomical in Indian currency
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 12, 2006
The problem here is that she is 21 years old, according to the immigration dept, females under the age of 30 should be accompanied or sponsored by family members or husband. Of course this can be got around with some companies but may prove expensive. The ridiculous thing is that this only applies to people that have to get a visa such as Indian, Pakistani, various African Nationalities etc. But an 18 year old female from UK, absolutely no problem, its a double standard, but what can we do???
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum