VISA Question

Topic locked
VISA Question Nov 06, 2006
Hi... someone please assist..
My work VISA has been issued but theres a problem, it was issued under my old surname. I have changed my surname... so what do i do? Is it tough to get it changed to my current surname or should i just use my old passport?

larre
Dubai Forums Member

Additional info Nov 06, 2006
also it looks like the visa is just a temproray visit visa as its only valid for 30 days, i assume i will need to apply for the week visa when i get there?
larre
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 06, 2006
Please clarify, is it employment/working visa or a visit visa only???

For visit visa, the important info is the passport no. check if it is the same with your previous or the current passport. Where are you originally from?

You can request a letter from the sponsor stating the correct name if blah blah for this passport holder no. blah blah. Stuff like that.
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

.. Nov 06, 2006
Hi...
not sure about this... IT says employement at the top "Employment / I"
but at the bottom it says "4. Bearer of visit .. not allowed to work..."

Passport numbers are different and im from South Africa.
larre
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 06, 2006
Errr....if it says employment at the top then its an Employment Visa.

That note for no. 4 is just a reminder for visit visa holders, never mind it.

What do you mean by this: "Passport numbers are different." Is it not the same even to your old passport? Or maybe to your present one?
zam

passport Nov 06, 2006
the passport number is that of my OLD passport... not the new one. My question is how hard is it to get this changed? Also the visa is only for 30 days? But contract is for 6 months?
larre
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 06, 2006
the passport number is that of my OLD passport... not the new one. My question is how hard is it to get this changed?

Very difficult to cancel an existing visa now. This employment visa will have to be cancelled, it cannot be changed/modified I believe.

I say you have two options:

1. Use the visa. You do not have any ban stamped on previous passport right?
2. Ask your employer to cancel the visa and at the same time apply for another one using the new passport. Hmmm but there might be some problems along the way if Immigration notices there are 2 passport of the same identity.....

Also the visa is only for 30 days? But contract is for 6 months?

Employment visa needs to be used within 30 days (I thought 60) upon print out/release. And then another process for Residence visa begins when you enter the country .

Wait a sec, contract is only for 6 months? and they are giving you an employment visa?
zam

Nov 06, 2006
Nope, No employment ban.

And it seems to be the case? thou contract may be extended!
larre
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 07, 2006
Dude!!!Staple the 2 passports together!!!!Problem solved....
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum