Touch Football / Rugby

Topic locked
Touch Football / Rugby Mar 03, 2008
If anyone is interested in playing Touch Rugby on a weekly basis (non-competitive, just fitness) send me a PM or let me know through other channels.

Trying to get some people motivated... but motivation seems to be a problem in this part of the world.

^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 03, 2008
hmm I've never actually played but was always interested. I'll see...Can we bring friends? :P
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Touch Football / Rugby Mar 03, 2008
^ian^ wrote:If anyone is interested in playing Touch Rugby on a weekly basis (non-competitive, just fitness) send me a PM or let me know through other channels.

Trying to get some people motivated... but motivation seems to be a problem in this part of the world.

I'm interested except for the minor problem that the last time I played any sport or exercised was: NEVER!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Touch Football / Rugby Mar 03, 2008
Concord wrote:I'm interested except for the minor problem that the last time I played any sport or exercised was: NEVER!

NEVER too late to start :D
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Mar 03, 2008
I was going to say that.

We're going for a run tonight Concs. Give me a buzz if you want to come.
^ian^

Mar 03, 2008
Anyway, I will be there. So if concord you wanna play swing I can join you :P
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Mar 03, 2008
BabyDoll wrote:Anyway, I will be there. So if concord you wanna play swing I can join you :P

What the hell is "swing" and I don't think you mean the "swing' known to Arniegang and Sage & Onion!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 03, 2008
Concord wrote:
BabyDoll wrote:Anyway, I will be there. So if concord you wanna play swing I can join you :P

What the hell is "swing" and I don't think you mean the "swing' known to Arniegang and Sage & Onion!

I would show you a picture but I dont know how to upload one :oops:
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Mar 03, 2008
^ian^ wrote:I was going to say that.

We're going for a run tonight Concs. Give me a buzz if you want to come.

I would ****** died if I went for a run!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 03, 2008
By the way, so by weekly you mean every Monday? Or might you have it on another day?
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 03, 2008
what happend to the game of cricket between the aussies and the indians??/
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 03, 2008
So how did the touch football go?
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 03, 2008
Touch Rugby was a lot of fun and a good run.

Rudeboy we played it. You lost sorry.
^ian^

Mar 03, 2008
hehe cool...I may join you guys next time.
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 03, 2008
^ian^ wrote:Touch Rugby was a lot of fun and a good run.

i am assuming you played in your dreams and i lost in your dreams. awww. time to wake up boy and tell me whether the aussies are going to pakiland or not?? what have you women decided? are you gonna sit at home wearing the helmet, the guard, the pads and the box and do some cooking :D.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 04, 2008
Aussies won. Well sorta. The Indian reps weren't allowed to select their own umpires, match referees or use illegal equipment and therefore withdraw from the game citing racial vilification.
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 04, 2008
craigindubai wrote:Aussies won. Well sorta. The Indian reps weren't allowed to select their own umpires, match referees or use illegal equipment and therefore withdraw from the game citing racial vilification.

Bow wow bow.. Go on barking.. or just watch the CB finals mate ..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 04, 2008
rudeboy wrote:
^ian^ wrote:Touch Rugby was a lot of fun and a good run.

i am assuming you played in your dreams and i lost in your dreams. awww. time to wake up boy and tell me whether the aussies are going to pakiland or not?? what have you women decided? are you gonna sit at home wearing the helmet, the guard, the pads and the box and do some cooking :D.

Its for real. So real that I can tell you one of the players got groped indecently. One player broke his finger.
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Mar 04, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:
craigindubai wrote:Aussies won. Well sorta. The Indian reps weren't allowed to select their own umpires, match referees or use illegal equipment and therefore withdraw from the game citing racial vilification.

India HAVE come alive now that the finals are on... Glad to see the competition has a pulse... That last win makes it three wins from the last twenty games against the Australia.....

The gap is narrowing. It was two wins from nineteen matches...
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 04, 2008
craigindubai wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote:

India HAVE come alive now that the finals are on... Glad to see the competition has a pulse... That last win makes it three wins from the last twenty games against the Australia.....

My GreatGreatGreatGrandpa was the king of our province and he had 8 elephants, 36 cars, 5-6 massive Mansions, Owned all the land and had an unaccountable amount of gold and diamonds.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 04, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:
craigindubai wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote:

My GreatGreatGreatGrandpa was the king of our province and he had 8 elephants, 36 cars, 5-6 massive Mansions, Owned all the land and had an unaccountable amount of gold and diamonds.

And the rest of the province lived in abject poverty?? Ok.
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 09, 2008
OK we're playing again tomorrow night.

PM me for details if you're interested in joining us for a bit a of fun exercise.

As an added bonus this week, I have lashed out 200 AED on some markers to mark the sidelines properly.
^ian^

Mar 17, 2008
Once again, playing tonight.

PM me if interested.
^ian^

Mar 18, 2008
Thanks Ian for the invite.. It was good fun. My hamstring hurts, got a bit of pain in the left ankle.. but awesome fun.. :D
Thnx n looking fwd to next week.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 19, 2009
St.Lucifer wrote:Thanks Ian for the invite.. It was good fun. My hamstring hurts, got a bit of pain in the left ankle.. but awesome fun.. :D
Thnx n looking fwd to next week.

Hi all,
Do you guys still play??? Would love to join?
Cheers.
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum