The Computer Can Not Read And Type Chinses???

Topic locked
the computer can not read and type chinses??? Mar 07, 2006
I am in Dubai now, but the computers that in our internet cafe do not have the chinses input method and it even can not read chinses. It depressed me and I wanna die!!!! It is boring here after work and I have nothing to do, now I even can not use internet~~~

I have already download the Chinses input method editor from the microsoft website, but after I installed it and restarted the computer, ther was nothing change in the computer!!!!! I dont know is it because it is a plublic computer or not??

Plz tell me what should I do i order to solve those problem??? I dont want to have a half-year boring live here!!!!!

bonitatricia
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 07, 2006
You likely have to install the double byte language character set. (if you go to languages in regional setting, click on the install files for east languages) but since this is a public internet place you likely won't be able to do that.

There are internet places near Astoria and Ascot hotels in Bur Dubai that have chinese enabled pc's and also near the china bank in Deira has an internet place, just look for the tell tale red ornaments in the doorway ;)
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Mar 09, 2006
Since I only stay here for a week and I am not familiar to the places. I really no idea where is the places you just mentioned about. May I know is there any near the Grand Hyatt or Sahari village??
bonitatricia
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum