Taking Curios Into Dubai

Topic locked
Taking curios into Dubai Feb 10, 2009
I intend on coming to Dubai at the beginning of March,on a 2 week tourist visa.I would like to find out what the market is like for stone carved curios from Africa.I intend on bringing a few pieces for sale, are there any restrictions at the airport with regards to bringing curios into Db?

Secondly i would like to use my visit to look for a job in the IT/Telecomms field.I currently work for a multinational organisation in Zimbabwe, what are the chances that i can get a job in 2 weeks?
I look forward to your assistance guys.

tichsig
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 10, 2009
No restrictions, although you may find weight to be an issue when you consider your luggage. I did have an odd encounter once when i brought a stone carved snake through customs and they asked why I had a snake in my luggage and where my permit was ... :)

Don’t expect a huge margin on these items though as zim. Soapstone carvings are already available in Dubai.

As for the job, well depends on how much of a call there is for your skills, I’d say you have a good chance though. Make sure your qualifications are attested before you get here or your chance of a job drops from 80% to 5%
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Feb 10, 2009
Thanks a lot dbxsoul, you are doing a great job on the forum.
tichsig
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum