Summer Job On A Visit?

Topic locked
Summer Job on a Visit? May 08, 2007
I'm a student who's here on a Vist Visa for 60 days... I was earlier under my dads sponsorship and just like the ministry rule, you cannot be under your guardians sponsorship after your 18. You either have to be a student or working for a company to get a Residency.

Now my question is, I've come here for vacation and to spend a little time at home. Now I mean a little time at home, and little time doing something useful and earn some money on the same hand. Is it possible I work on my Visit Visa and my family here holding a Resident Visa of any benefit??

If yes, could someone guide me on HOW to go about this? It would mean a lot to me.

Will appreciate your help
Cheers

Mashaal
Dubai Forums Member

May 09, 2007
You cant work legally on a visit visa!!!

Cheers
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

May 09, 2007
Many people I know work in office "permanently" under husband's/father's visa. Many companies offer this kind of jobs, check ads in newspaper. But off course, no security. And though actually it's illegal, but there's little chance that you get caught anyway ;)
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 09, 2007
hmmm... will check up the news papers for sure.. :-)
Mashaal
Dubai Forums Member

May 10, 2007
XTY, is talking about being on a family members visa. You cannot work on a visit visa, no company would take the risk.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 10, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:XTY, is talking about being on a family members visa. You cannot work on a visit visa, no company would take the risk.

That's true. I was referring to family visa which is also illegal to be used for working.
But then we've heard many cases where companies employ them on visit visa for months (extensions or visa run). The risks are on both.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 10, 2007
XTY an unmarried woman can be on her father's visa, so can a married woman be on her husbands visa yet work legally. All the company needs is to get them a labor card.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 10, 2007
I'm on my fathers visa, and it's no problem. You need a no objection letter from the sponsor i.e. my father and a temporary labour card - no big deal.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 10, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:XTY, is talking about being on a family members visa. You cannot work on a visit visa, no company would take the risk.

A lot of people do work on visit visa actually. That's why Kish Island has a whole thriving industry set up just for this. Even some "reputable" companies use employees on visit visa. They get no benefits.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 13, 2007
MaaaD wrote:XTY an unmarried woman can be on her father's visa, so can a married woman be on her husbands visa yet work legally. All the company needs is to get them a labor card.

I see. First time I know if it's actually legal ;)
But I saw/heard somewhere that there's a statement or stamp or something that my wife can't work. Either in her residence visa, entry visa (red paper), or somewhere. Never mind... good news anyway.

Chocoholic wrote:I'm on my fathers visa, and it's no problem. You need a no objection letter from the sponsor i.e. my father and a temporary labour card - no big deal.

For those who work on parent's/spouse's sponsorship, do they have the security/power and benefit at work just like the others (sponsors)? For example if facing some issues with the employer, one can file a complaint to officials, etc. Also if one will get gratuity.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 13, 2007
Don't know as I'm freelance and work for whom ever requires my services.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 17, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:Don't know as I'm freelance and work for whom ever requires my services.

Choco i need your services :lol:
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum