Stray Mum And Kittens

Topic locked
Stray mum and kittens Jul 04, 2007
Hi, I was out at Mirdif last week where my hubby has just moved to and Im due to join him in a few months. On opening the back door one night we found a very young mum cat and 4 kittens (around 12 weeks old at a guess). #They are living in the water tank shed in the garden.
Needless to say, and maybe wrongfully we have been feeding them. They will come onto the porch, eat, then scarper, though mummy is now getting more friendly.
Advise needed on 1)are we doing the right thing in feeding them 2) should we take them to the vets (though i think it will be fun trying to catch some of them.)
Im aware that we need to stop them breeding in the future. I do like cats but dont really want them in large quantities. Any advice greatfully received.

lcfcfem
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 04, 2007
There is a group in Dubai called Feline Friends - they could offer advice. Looks like they have adopted you now! Catch them, take them to the vets and whip off their reproductive organs and give them a home.

If you don't want all of the kittens then advertise them on www.dubizzle.com or the gulf news.

If you have time and money to pay the vets bills then give them a good start in life. :D
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 04, 2007
Feline Friends will help you trap the cats and then take them to the municipality to be neutuered, then free them again. Best option.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 04, 2007
Thanks for info, I dont mind looking after them at all. Just didnt want to multiply.
lcfcfem
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 05, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:Feline Friends will help you trap the cats and then take them to the municipality to be neutuered, then free them again. Best option.

Why is that the best option??? If she can give them a home after taking them to the vet then surely this is the best option?
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 08, 2007
Best Solution?

if you dont mind taking them to the Vets, feline friends will pay for a checkover and neutering.

If you can tame them, it may be possible to find the kittens a home- put an ad in Spinneys at Mirdiff (its free for 5 days).

we successfully caught and tamed an 8 week old kitten which was not a lot more than skin and bone when we first got it a couple of months ago.

Give a little bit of love and if nothing else, it will make you feel a little more human.
Good luck.
admog
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum