Sports In Dubai?

Topic locked
Sports in Dubai? Dec 13, 2006
Sorry, I couldn't really find a section devoted to sports for this forum...
I don't know much about Dubai, havn't been there yet but it looks like I might be, for a while too

I'm curious of what there is sports wise? i know there's the skiing, is snowboarding allowed there too?
ice hockey?
paintball?
do any of you on these forums play or participate in any of those and how is it there?
if you're not originaly from dubai, is there a noticeable difference?

the_anomaly
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 13, 2006
dude, once you come here make sure you call me or pm me, i gathering people to play some paintball ;)

dont forget
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 13, 2006
dude, regarding ice hockey, youll be suprised that there are 15 ice hockey teams in dubai
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 13, 2006
Yes you can board too.

As for differences, not surprisingly, doing any sport when it's hot is extremely exhausting, and doing indoor sport is always in air conditioning so you also end up really dehydrated.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 13, 2006
Bleakus wrote:dude, once you come here make sure you call me or pm me, i gathering people to play some paintball ;)

dont forget

hell yah man! I'm not sure when I'll be down, but I know I will be, if you want pm me some contact info and i'll let you know when I find out.

do you know if i can bring my own paintball gun from here there or is there rules against that?
the_anomaly
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 13, 2006
scot1870 wrote:Yes you can board too.

As for differences, not surprisingly, doing any sport when it's hot is extremely exhausting, and doing indoor sport is always in air conditioning so you also end up really dehydrated.

awesome, thanks!
didn't notice any pictures of people snowboarding in the skiing place there so I wasn't sure
the_anomaly
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 13, 2006
Bleakus wrote:dude, regarding ice hockey, youll be suprised that there are 15 ice hockey teams in dubai

what would actualy surprise me more is if most of the players are Dubai/born and raised!
the_anomaly
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 13, 2006
the_anomaly wrote:
Bleakus wrote:dude, regarding ice hockey, youll be suprised that there are 15 ice hockey teams in dubai

what would actualy surprise me more is if most of the players are Dubai/born and raised!

Lots of Canadians in this one
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 13, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
the_anomaly wrote:

I would have to assume that, it would be cool to get the locals alot more into it though, what are they more interested in?
the_anomaly
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 13, 2006
the_anomaly wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
the_anomaly wrote:

I would have to assume that, it would be cool to get the locals alot more into it though, what are they more interested in?

Horses, Camels & Water Sports I think
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 15, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
the_anomaly wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
the_anomaly wrote:

Horses, Camels & Water Sports I think

niiiiiiiiiiiice, i hear those camels ride better than romanians!
the_anomaly
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum