Shipping From The US

Topic locked
Shipping from the US Sep 13, 2008
Looking to move from New York over to Dubai in the next 6 weeks, how much have people spent on shipping containers over, what size would you recommend for a 1 bed Apartment, how long does it take & any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Trusty
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 13, 2008
What exactly do you want to ship?
It may be cheaper to buy everything here then sell when you leave.
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Sep 13, 2008
Andyba wrote:What exactly do you want to ship?
It may be cheaper to buy everything here then sell when you leave.

Huge corner sofa bed, crockery/cookware. bed frame & mattress, dressers, linen, clothes, small oven (how does 115V convert to the 220 there?) & then personal items such as: pictures, letters, vases, etc. Wouldn't need a huge container maybe 12 foot, or smaller if they do one?

I see what you're getting at with buying things, at the least it would be linen & personal things to be shipped in a smallish crate.

Interested to know what a good price should be?
Trusty
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 14, 2008
Andy is right. It also depends on your company e-g my company gave me an allowance to furnish my apartment. They allowed me to bring a 1000 lb air shipment from the US. That allowed me to bring only personal belongings (family pictures, kids stuff etc). I think it was around $4000.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 26, 2008
HI,

FROM NEW JERSEY PORT A 40 FOOT CONTAINER TO DUBAI PORT WILL COST YOU 3800$. A 20 FOOT WILL COST YOU 2800$ NOTHING SMALLER THAN THIS.

HELL YOU CAN EVEN SHIP YOUR CAR TOO IF YOU WANT. CONTACT ME (PM) AND I CAN GIVE YOU THE DETAILS. I AM IN LI, NY

PEACE

mirzajees_mail@yahoo.com
azm786
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum