School Help Wanted

Topic locked
School help wanted Feb 28, 2006
Hi there,
Please help me on this. We will be moving to Dubai soon. My wife made some quiries about schools and was told Choufet and Almawakeb are good ones. I have an Indian background, wife is Aussie and kids were born in Australia too. We are interested in a school which has a cultural balance (not majority whites and not full of Arabs or Indians either).

Could any of you tell what are these 2 schools like in terms of cultural balance? Almawakeb and Choufet. We will appreciate any thought or your expereinces re these 2 schools.
Any idea about any other schools meeting our expectations?

Nav :lol:

Nav
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 01, 2006
Hi Nav. Are these schools in Dubai or Sharjah? Just a query as there is an Australian International School in Sharjah that also has a bus service from parts of Dubai. I can really only recommend you look at www.expatwoman.com for schools because like the site suggests it has a lot of "mummies" so thes questions tend to get alot of answers. It has message boards for different Emirates!
Cheers!
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 05, 2006
Sorry these schools are in Dubai. Thanks, expatwoman gave some idea about these schools.
It seems that Choueifat seems to send its students to MIT, Harvard, Yale etc. But I still don't any odea about its student contingency ?
Nav
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 05, 2006
I guess you mean main nationality? I can't really help you except to say most schools are pretty multicultural. Have you rung/emailed the school and asked?
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum