Need Your Advice, Please.

Topic locked
need your advice, please. Sep 09, 2008
good day. i was working in dubai last april of 2005 as an architech. i was given a residence visa & working permit that time. after working for 2 months, i recieved a call from one of my relatives that my wife left our 2 children, went with other man. i talked to my employer and told them my situations and i also asked the management if they can allow me to go home & see my children and comeback. unfortunately, the management turned down my request and told me to pay all the expenses(10,000aed) that they paid for my employment if i want to go home. what i did was to went home(to my country)last july 1, 2005 without telling my employer. i knew what i did was wrong, but i was in a situation to choose between my work and my children. it was almost three years now, i'm recovering and still moving on from what happened to my family.. last week, i got an offer to work again in dubai(jebel ali). and the offer was okay and i think i can give my children a good education. my question is, is it possible for me work again in dubai? without the cancelation of my visa & work permit from my previous employer? my work permit ID is still with me and valid until april 15, 2008. thank you in advance.

notski
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Sep 09, 2008
YOu've probably been registered as someone who asconded and will have been blacklisted. Check with the immigration department to see what your status is.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum