Looks Like I'm Moving There....

Topic locked
Looks like I'm moving there.... May 29, 2007
My husband is already there working on an enormous International project in Dubai (I gather there arent too many projects there that are not like this!).

I have A BILLION QUESTIONS and I need your help.

I currently work full time at home, and am looking after 2 kids with special needs (both have Asperger's Syndrome, and both are gifted), so I need to know just about all there is to know in terms of schools that will satisfy their needs; recommendations on where to live (I believe that this is going to be subsidised, as is the school fees) and whatever else I need to know!

We are coming across in Sept/Oct (Australian school hols) to get a 'feel' for the place, and will be making firm decisions about moving at that point, but I would like the kids to see out the school year here, and we'd move across in the days after Christmas, ready to start in January 6th.

I've heard the school day is short: 8am til 1pm. I did want to try and work myself (I work in a bank as a Recruiter), but with a short school day that doesn't look like it would work? I suppose if push came to shove, I don't have to work - but I'd like to utilise the opportunity for myself, and I'm happiest at work, even though I love my kids.

Any information anyone has would be gratefully received!

What do I need to know? Anything you can advise/help me with would be great.

PJ
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum